Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment  
Salt Peter

Please stay on established routes/roads. DVNP hasn't really had much MTB growth/usage but there have been some recent interesting reports on IG from a group who rode the length of SVR.
Randy

I used to ride my bike across to the dunes and McElvoy Canyon and loved the views along the way.  When you're on a bike you can really enjoy the view much more than when driving it.  Another option is up the Steel Pass road to the cabin or petroglyph canyon.
OCSaliner

A few years ago I biked on a hardtail up to the upper springs (the unimproved ones) and past there a bit. Then down to saline valley road and I rode that north and south before coming back to camp.  As mountain biking goes, it was nothing great, mostly either rocky or sandy, but it was a fun ride for the exploring. 
yubert

You could go southwest and head to the sand dunes or go even further to Salt Lake, and check out the "Leaning Towers."
Morrie

With just about every square inch of land in that area being wilderness, I think the Steel Pass road is the only choice.
noscitur

A friend is bringing a mountain bike to the springs this spring and is curious to know of any good rides in the area.  I think the Steele Pass road going east might be the most obvious, but if there's anything else nearby that people can recommend, we would appreciate hearing from you!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution