Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment  
natur_lover

Thanks John & Jeanette, it's been hard getting everything done ... we're still trying to get caught up.  We plan to make a trip back east with his ashes later this summer.

oregonjohn

So sorry to hear about your son. Jeanette and I have you in our thoughts. Please try and get out and take some "you" time in the very near future.

John & Jeanette
natur_lover

Thanks Dennis, we're having a memorial service Tuesday, April 5th at 3 pm.  It's at chapel 1 on Edwards AFB.  If anyone wanted to attend we'd need to let the gate guards know their names.  You'd also need to show driver's license, registration and proof of insurance.

After all this I'd love a little time off the grid to "escape".
XPBC

I am so sorry.  See you and the dogs soon.

natur_lover

We have some sad news to report. Our son slipped away peacefully on Wednesday at just past noon. We were with him and he no longer suffers. It was 4 months and 2 days that he'd been in the hospital. We believe he knew we were there and waited for us to say goodbye.
natur_lover

Thanks Cabin Dweller, don't think we've ever met but we sure appreciate your help.

Thanks David & Suzi, we value our saline family & time so much we just wanted to get away for a few days.  It was actually quite therapeutic for us.
redondo dave

dear tami and dan,    i just read your letter and i am so sorry.  you two always seem so happy and kind.  i had know idea what you have been going through. keep yourselves strong and keep loving.  suzi and david

I'll be sure to include you family in my prayers.

Our Saline family is very important to us and we really, really cherished getting off the grid and seeing everyone this Presidents' Day weekend, especially with all the problems we've had recently.

I (Tami) have been to Ohio twice for my Dad. The first was for emergency surgery (I think he almost died) and the second time was my regular trip for his birthday. He's making a wonderful recovery and working hard every day so he can go home from his care center.

I mentioned this earlier and told some of you ... Our son Stephen is 29 years old and a diabetic with quite a few complications, he’s completely blind and used to live at home with us. He had other problems as well. The Saturday after Thanksgiving he went to bed like usual but we couldn’t wake him on Sunday. So he was airlifted to AV Hospital in Lancaster on November 28th. He was in a coma and was transferred to another care facility down in Tujunga on Jan 7th.

He was in AV Hospital for 6 weeks and it’s going on 8 weeks at the Tujunga care facility. I’m not really sure if he’s still in a coma because when we visit him he seems alert but he just can’t communicate with anyone. After he is awake for awhile he seems to tire and falls back asleep.

Stephen’s doctor was very honest and compassionate with us and explained he has severe brain injury with no sign of improvement and he needs dialysis. He consulted several kidney doctors and their opinion is it would be unethical to keep him in this state.

We have decided to let him go and do not believe he would wish to be kept in his current state. The doctor told us he could go into cardiac arrest at any time but he doesn’t expect he would last more than 3 months.

Prayers are really the only thing anyone can do at this point. Just wanted to let you all know how things are going.

Thanks,
Tami & Dan
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution