Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
trigger

Starfish, did you say anything to him??? I woulda been ripping him a new one! For sure woulda filed a complaint. Did you take any photos?
powderbronco

Seems like LL has outlived his usefulness at Saline ! So, SOO many complaints about this guy... Wasn't too friendly when I observed his presence.
timboeing

Yes, the account from Starfish is unnerving and just plain mean and undeserving of anyone's property. The whole reason for having a "lost and found" area is to reunite items with their rightful owners regardless of value.
Lizard Lee is not acting in the best interest of the National Park Service and should be held accountable for his actions. If you care enough to complain, I'm sure that the Park Service would be interested in his actions which are not serving them, but only Lee's.
Is this the kind of "camp host" (and I use the word "host" very lightly) what Saline Valley is representing?
It is actually embarrassing to say the least and shouldn't be tolerated under any circumstances. Please feel free to make your concerns known to the great staff at Furnace Creek so this doesn't happen again. Remember that this is a "VIP" aka "Volunteer in Park" position and beside general duties of caring for our treasured place, being a host shouldn't be so hostile to visitors seeking such a beautiful utopia that truly belongs to the general public and not Lizard Lee.
bobhuckaby

what starfish accounts Lee did is criminal and illegal, I am thinking how to seek justice about that.
bob (the lawyer) from tahoe
James Sel

Lee told the park he will be leaving in a couple of years a while back. It won't be long till this ends. In the mean time If I want to have a community campfire and there is no wood I'll bring a few pieces from my camp and start one. And next thing you know like mined people bring a few pieces to, poof a campfire....well sometimes it has worked. 

I'll be poring water on the next fire I see him light during the day as I tell him we are saving those for tonight.
sierramtnman

I had doubts about past reports of LL’s penchant for whiteman’s fire, but I witnessed it myself recently. It was around 3:00, quite pleasant and not cold, and a big fire was blazing and LL was enjoying it from a distance. I enjoy a nice fire too if I had cords of hardwood to keep warm, and I will admit that I made a few whiteman’s fire in my time, even started some with gasoline like a redneck. There is bit of pyromaniacs in some of us.
There weren’t much wood left in the stash and watching LL making a bonfire for his soak does seems a bit of waste. I know I am not bringing anymore wood in the future for him to waste.
James Sel

Yet people will not believe that Lee burns up the wood like that...smh
Starfish

For those of you looking for lost and found items, hopefully you grabbed them before Lee got back from his Christmas Vacation. There were several items in the lost and found after Christmas and New Year's.
I realized that I had left my flashlight, a brand new Black Diamond headlamp, at the Crystal Pool. The next morning I went to grab it, only to find Lee with a large fire with acrid black smoke billowing out. Upon looking in the lost and found, I noticed that it was empty. The night before there had been 10 or so items in it. I asked about my flashlight and he said that he had not seen it. Then I saw the fire, with my melting flashlight and batteries inside of it.
I understand the need to burn certain lost and found items that have been there for a while, namely old clothing and towels. What I don't understand is why it is okay to burn batteries and flashlights and even someones Bluetooth speaker.
Someone brought in a large truck load of wood sometime between Christmas and New Year's, and there were huge piles by the community fire pit. By January 3rd, there was no wood left. Lee got home the 2nd. He kept the fire going the entire day, even when no one was around at all. Seemed a waste of wood.
I don't have much experience with Lee being at the springs, Dave seems to be caretaking most times when I am there. I have to say I much prefer Dave.
bagman

(Apologies for double-posting -- I hadn't seen the Lost-and-Found thread at first.)

I lost an olive green REI backpack on Lippencott Road January 4. Inside was most of my gear: sleeping bag, sleeping pad, tent, jacket, etc.

When we realized it was missing, we went back down on the road on foot looking for it, but we couldn't find anything on the road or in the gullies below. Did anyone traveling the road that day find anything? Any ideas where else I should post?

It's a long-shot, but I'd love to get this back. My whole kit was in there.

Thanks!

Nick
Oscar D

Lost iPhone 6 858476xxxx planningdesign at yahoooo . Com thx
Ll
XPBC

Those poles fit REI Half Dome tent.

XPBC

Bongo, the dude that lost the poles came in that day and was on a bike. His first time so I told him to check lost & found at Lower in case someone brought it in like I did.
Bongo Brian

Found tent poles in olive green bag on 11/1/18 on Bat Rock road. Lightweight poles. See pic

IMG_4608.jpg  IMG_4609.jpg 

XPBC

45576473_10218106790124526_8510672426546233344_n.jpg  I found this on North Pass Monday October 10-29 and left it at the sink by the Wizard. It's not just a painting it's part of someone's rig. Hope they get it back.

dirtgirl

Found pair of reading glasses up a certain canyon with petroglyphs. Left them at the lost & found box at the springs last Wed.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution