Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 5 of 7     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next
yubert

Jeep Patriot reported to have rolled last night, half way down Lippincott.  Driver okay.

LP_Patriot1.jpg
  JP_Patriot2.jpg

Road Gypsy

2013 Lippincott driving down in Extended Cab, Extended Bed Ford Pickup.... Enough Said. Still have skid marks in my pants. LOL... [smile] Short Wheel base 4x4 for me from that day on.

Great video, Randycan....
If you compare the 21:24 mark with the middle photo by the OP (Joe), they just about match up. (His looks like it was taken about 20 minutes earlier on his day.) [smile] 

Screen-Shot-2016-03-31-at-5.27.06-PM.jpg 

randycan

I drove up Lippincott Road on Friday 3/25 and the Subaru wagon was already gone. Another 100 yards and he would have been home free. He must have been right in the area of the 20:00 mark on the video I took

James Sel

Facepalm
gael

Great pictures. I would also have loved to see a few pictures of about 14 Nissan Pathfinders lying mangled and torn at the bottom of the switchback.

I guess I'll never understand the "Jamboree" mindset.
4runnerbutt

Is that the "SEDAN" that people were posting about blocking Lippincot?

jynxx1970

MADNESS[frown]
joe

Descended Lippincott Road on Tuesday 3-22-16 am  after camping Racetrack. Came across a Subaru wagon about 2/3 the way down in a particularly rough spot. Appearance suggested too fast on street tires ... impaled undercarriage on a large rock ... The FJ is me ... small file pic for saline web.jpg  small file pic.jpg  smaller file pic for saline org.jpg
myenzie

From the DVNP Road Conditions Facebook page:

Death Valley Road Conditions Turns out that the vehicle is not blocking the road on Lipincott.

Like · Reply · 2 · 45 mins
Rich Weisbrod

Rich Weisbrod But someone did still attempt the road in a sedan and got stuck?

Like · Reply · 37 mins
Hal Lyons
Salt Peter

Probably a tourist in a rental. There's always someone not doing their homework.
Driver

From DVNP road reports, noon 3/21:

Lippincott Road - A SEDAN is stuck on this road at this time. We are currently assessing the situation. Most likely impassable until the vehicle is removed. Stay tuned.
Jeepnik

Did Lippincott in both directions to celebrate new years day.
Definitely 4wd & clearance required, but no hairy washouts.
Be wary of cars coming in the opposite direction as easy opportunities to pass are slim.

Attached Images
png Snap_2016-01-13_at_18.08.12.png (949.50 KB, 55 views)

Ape Runner
Lippincott as of 1/10/16:

No issues. 4x4 high clearance needed. No dangerous washouts on the trail itself. Go slow...
SilverBob

Behold!  The Morning Report!

http://www.nps.gov/deva/upload/Morning-Report.pdf

It contains all the news that is news about the current conditions of the roads in the park.  Ubehebe Road is not mentioned, therefore it is considered OPEN.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!