Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 7      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next   »
SVLuvR
Glad it's a national park. People stay long enough as it is.
Salt Peter

Came out Lippincott today. No snow. It has been several years since I've driven this route and it made for a very long day. Much rougher than I remember.

It has been a long time since I've been in DV proper and it is truly amazing. Still wish Saline wasn't a part of the park.
Borrisl

No snow on lippincott on 1/2. exited that way, was easily passable. Low tire pressure and went straight out.
Monte

Awesome, good info thanks.
BiggSean

I know someone who exited South Pass over Christmas weekend and reported roughly 3" of snow through Grapevine Canyon. They didn't need chains, but were driving well-equipped Toyota 4x4s. 
Monte

Thanks, I'll check it this Saturday, got central locker & four chains but if it piles up then there's nothing I can do.
matmiss

It definitely snowed on South Pass 12/24;  snow on the Cosos was down to 5000 ft. Snow on Townes Pass too, down to about 4500 ft.  No idea how much, or how long it will take to settle down, but it does tend to drift into deep piles in the canyon.  
Monte

Yes planning on this Saturday. About 4 years ago I took south pass to the top where it was blocked by 5 feet snow around hunter rd! Not sure how it would be this year!!
Salt Peter

Depends on the storm. I personally wouldn't want to do that in any amount of rain. If it is a potential flash flood situation you are asking for trouble. Planning on coming during the next few days when there is chance of rain?
Monte

Is Lippincot passable in rainy days?
BigDaddyJEH

From RaceTrack to the springs is about a 3 hour drive.  I have an FJ also and drive fast, it also depends on how you navigate.  Take your time at the washouts and enjoy.  
patrickbob

I will be in DV over New Years and thinking about decending Lippincott from The Racetrack and then to the springs in an FJC. Anyone have a time estimate for the one way drive?
James Sel

I put the video on 2x speed and was bored to death with the slow driving. SMH
Salt Peter

Been a long time since I've driven Lippencott. I'd forgotten how much fun it is.
BiggSean

You are correct! That is my truck. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!