Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 4      1   2   3   4   Next
dautremont

Went out over Lippincott from the hot spring son May 29. Still fairly rough in places, though I never  needed 4WD all the way up.  A few sections of larger boulders in the middle sections of the road, with high clearance and good tires a must.  The roads around racetrack and teakettle are in regular shape, fairly well graded.  The road through hidden valley up to hunters mountain freshly graded - we passed the grading machines on the way up hunters mountain, but completely deserted.  
Flipper

Super Moderators
Please read the posts in General topics concerning the springs.
Rexbo

Exited Saline via Lippincott road on 3/21, no significant washouts or rain damage noted, business as usual. 

Note: there is water on racetrack playa, don't be that jerk that walks out there! Already found several set of tracks from inconsiderate people this year. 
Anonymous
thanks for sharing
Werner
tonapah tom

very good video. thanks
ADV_AS

Went down Lippincott president weekend on motorcycles.

Here's as much footage as I have.

Anonymous
Went down yesterday 3/8 was as described in prior posts one narrow spot but passible in jeeps and such some idiot was going down in a Subaru and got high centered we were on bike and two jeeps were behind us so kept on rolling since they were better equipped to help.
Dont know if they got out but if they did guarantee there will be a repair bill in their future
Anonymous
Thanks for the link, I have been down Lippincott Rd. several times and am aware of the generell conditions of the trail. Was just looking for current conditions - snow/ice (chains) or deeper washouts from winter storms.
best regards
Werner
Dpsmedic

Might want to take a look at the photos in POST #37 http://forum.salinepreservation.org/post/show_single_post?pid=1295313872&postcount=37&forum=162656 in this thread.  That will give you an idea of the one area that will be of concern. (Narrow with a washout and a wall)
Anonymous
Hi there, i plan to go in through Lippincott in about 2.5 weeks - are there infos on road condition (fullsize truck wifh fwc)?

best regards
Werner
Nyctonaut

Cross-post from North Pass thread...

Any updates? Planning a trip just after New Year in a Jeep JK with 35” KM3’s with a winch. Might do Lippencott to Saline to Steele, or just in/out through North.

Grateful for this forum; hope everyone has a nice safe holiday!
Jim2017

NPS:

• Lippincott Road: OPEN Vehicle removed and road re-opened11/1/19.
TopoF2

Thats too bad about the vandalism. it was intact 10/16/19 when I looked at it. nearly at the top. 
D.A. Wright

This posted on a 4Runner forum:

Thread said truck had flat tires and had been vandalized.

Was there this past Friday (10/25) and cardboard sign was still up. Was kinda late in the evening so decided against going up and seeing if car was still stuck.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution