Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
bobhuckaby

Reading the park's rules, the only one that seemed to apply to the tables was a prohibition on leaving camping equipment behind.
Lee moved the old tables to the center area for Thanksgiving, and actually accommodated my request to unchain them so they could be painted before the big dinner, and were there until new years eve.  Then Lee had Dave move the tables back to the card room and chained together to avoid relocation by visitors.
It took some research to find that Cow Creek is the park's maintenance yard at Furnace Creek, which was a Japanese internment camp for people that did not fit in at Manzanar, taking over a CCC camp, but it has a swimming pool.
Bob from Tahoe
Sam D
I say if it's not bolted down it's not an improvement
Big Jeff

Well getting back to the point it seems we have Tablegate going on here.  There is a simple solution to the problem,  to maintain historical integrity the old tables belong in their historical location and we must get approval for the new tables to be used at the deck on the lawn.  The fact that there have been card tables
on the deck should be reason enough to allow the new tables to reside there.  As Major Tom has stated the SPA will be working towards this end
Major Tom

It certainly is easy to get off the point, isn't it?
Commando Paul

There has never been a sharper point than knowing the flow.

Only when you know who they are, otherwise you are the audience, or an extra, or otherwise part of the script... [smile]

Folks who come late to the theater are not to be held at fault for missing the history and lore of the opera.  Ask around the campfire.
florida

"Knowing the flow" here or anywhere else in life isn't the point. A creep is a creep.
Commando Paul

Florida,

You haven't been around long enough to know the flow, and no need to feel uncomfortable with that.  Lean back and study.

CP
florida

My skin crawls to think of sharing soaks with someone so dedicated to making people miserable.
Commando Paul

Hasn't the Unster been pegged yet?  GOT to be someone who has shared meals and soaks, laughs and jokes.  Just have to "follow the money"... [rolleyes]  The warmer we get, the quieter it will be.
florida

UnBansk:, Stop making stuff up. Surely there is another place that can benefit from your juvenile antics. Look around. i.e. Get lost.
Hi Desert Warrior

Bansky-  If you don't like what's going on at the springs and the two camp host.  I recommend you buy Eastern Sierra Warm Springs handbook at most Owens Valley book stores..  Of the many springs that is listed, some with cement tubs, they are out of way places around Mammouth Lake that may suit your needs and frustrations.  Majority of the people that go to Saline and the Park Service are content with both Camp Hosts.  One thing that is great with this country is freedom of movement.
Sam D.

Nice trollsky, bansky.
Major Tom, Silver Bob,
is it the same ip or ?
PM me the address please.
Bansky
Major Tom,
What you have written has not painted a complete picture. Originally the call was for a card table of good quality. Kudos to whoever brought the new tables. The Festungswerkmeister camp host did not like not being included in the decision so he called the Park Service. The reason he did not like the new tables is that people would utilize the tables while he was enjoying his exclusive soak. It was not the Obergruppenführers at the park service who volunteered to remove the tables. In fact, based on the conversations I’ve had in the past 3 days with a number of visitors, the Unterfeldwebel Georgeria was offered the tables be moved to the Palm Springs first but without consulting anyone refused. Then the Park Service was called.

I’d like to know if proper permissions have been obtained for the camp hosts to build the shanty towns and divert water to their encampments. Yes, it’s my understanding that Georgeria had or attempted to divert water from the source to their trailer. What’s up with these people anyway? I think once they get a title they feel they owe the place. I cannot get a break. It’s either camping under watchful eyes of el comandante at the Lower where I have to yield my pool use to accommodate his anti-social personality; or, camping at the Palm where I have to endure the German Disziplin.

I call for the camp hosts to upload their permits to divert water and any other permits to this forum. If it’s not done in timely manner then I encourage SPA and everybody else to plug their water diversions to help the park service remove unapproved improvements. We’ll do so the next time we come to the springs.
Major Tom

The tables were moved back to their traditional spot last year Bob. I would assume the same would have happened this year. The rest of the year there is a big blank spot where tables used to be, which is perhaps what precipitated the need to fill in that missing convenience to everyone. My thoughts exactly Paul.
SilverBob

I wonder if anyone bothered to ask Lee for the keys, so the tables could be moved back to their old location for the Thanksgiving feed.  Could have saved a lot of fuss.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!