Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment  
Macfly

I'd be after one of those fab Global Expedition vehicles if I had that kind of cash!!

Fun to know it can be done, but boy that's an expensive ride!
peneumbra

Really nice pics!
If you are really serious about flying in a current-era military jet - and have a wad of money to spend - you might want to talk to the Ukranian government about arranging a ride in one of their MiG-29s, or whatever the current interceptor they're operating.

As noted, this isn't cheap (last time I checked, an hour's ride, with pre-flight checkout, etc. would run you about $30,000), plus, you'd have to pay your way to Ukraine and back, plus various other expenses.

And, given that the Ukes and the Russians are having some... issues, this might not be the best time to be flying around that part of the world.
Salt Peter

Very nice pics.
Love the Saline Valley Air Shows. Sometimes even at night they are up high enjoying the heavens.
First one is an F-35, not sure what variant, then you have some F/A-18 E/F models, and an F-15E model.
Macfly

Hope you guys don't mind seeing some rockets caught in a bottle, coz that's kind of what these are! It'sone of the more delightful parts of being at the springs for me, as my dad was a fighter pilot in WW2. I haven't really kept up with the jet age, so I don't really know what these are, except that they're frigging awesome, and I wish I could get a ride in one! _DSC2014.jpg  _DSC2057.jpg  _MAC7037.jpg  _MAC7001.jpg  _MAC7041.jpg  _MAC7004.jpg 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution