Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
florida

Also way late, but I just drove up cottonwood in the Syncro this week. the NPS still lists it as flooded. Not so anymore. Rough though. An SUV was coming out dragging a bunch of its trim behind it.
Mr.T

This is probably a bit late, but Echo Canyon is one of my favorites.  BTW, can you link to any info about conditions at Goler wash?
bikerjosh

3/1 Recent Storms conditions and options
Given that cottonwood canyon is "impassable" and goler wash now has a landslide need some options for this weekend's trip to DV. Second day was supposed to have my group going from the Hot Springs in Saline Valley out over South Pass and into Cottonwood Canyon  after hiking in Marble Canyon.  I'm looking for ideas of where to go and camp that day. The third day also looks pretty hosed as the plan was to down past Bad Water and head through warm springs, butte valley, goler wash and over slate range. This looks as a no go since I don't think all the rigs would be able to make it over the rockslide in goler; ideas?

I need to reroute the trip and make new way points in the next 48 hours.
thanks Josh  

SilverBob

Why?  The forum software automatically records when a post is made.  It's shown right there at the top of each comment, next to the star.
paulvz

I feel that it would realy help if when people who post they put in date and time
just a couple more key strokes 1 8 14 12:45
Major Tom

Sorry for some confusion while I am figuring out the nuts and bolts. I had ROAD CONDITIONS locked so that no new topics could be created, but didn't realize that would prevent folks from posting replies. I believe that issue is solved now, and the forum should be open to replies, but folks will currently not be able to create new topics in that forum. General discussions and topics can be created in Road Discussions, or whatever we finally decide to call this sidecar forum. Thanks for your patience.
n8450s

I like the idea of keeping the Road Conditions forum locked to the 4 passes.  I wonder if there could be a different name for the "Road Discussions" forum?  It might confuse some and lead them to start a thread there that should be in the "Conditions" forum. Maybe just calling it "Travel Discussions" would be enough?  Either way, awesome job Major Tom! 
Flyfisher

I'm for "conditions" and "discussions" being two different forums. Most people are probably interested in the logistics of getting into and out of the Valley. Anything else can be under the "discussion" forum.
SilverBob

I like the idea of keeping the "Road Conditions" page for only Road Conditions.  That should make it easy for anyone to find what they're looking for.  All other Saline travel related chat can go under "Road Discussions".

Thanks for tackling this project.
terry1

I think that the most recent conditions relating to the access and exit of the valley is probably the most important and should be the essence of the category discussed.   My friend Jim M. is really the effort behind this approach  Archiving is also important and for a period of time it may be helpful to arhive previous comments and input as important, and after a time could be perged - it is important to know how we got here!  The work of those much more knowledgeable then me is still relative and important - I am looking forward to visiting the region in next couple of months.  Thanks for the opportunity to express my thoughts here. Terry1
Major Tom

Turns out I can pin the relevant topics to the top of the page. The question to you all is, should be open ROAD CONDITIONS to all topics, or keep it locked and move other road-related topics to ROAD DISCUSSIONS and have two different forums? Please weigh in and I will sort it out in the next few days based on your feedback. Thanks.
Major Tom

This forum is for topics of interest that relate to road issues in Saline Valley. The Road Conditions forum has been locked so that only discussion relating to the passes can be discussed. This will hopefully make finding current pass information easier as it will be forever restricted to the few threads relating to the four passes.

Should we move the old Archived Road Conditions into this category?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!