Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4   Next
encore889

But not the lower torso???!! hahaha

LOL I had to look up that term. Never heard of shirtcocking before. Maybe they have burn/UV issues on their upper torso.
encore889

Guys, just my .05. Shirtcocking is much worse than just being nekked. Just be nekked... u know who u are!!

You may have planted a seed Bob. Since she has experienced others around her comfortably dressed and got used to it, she may realize that it's no big deal. In time she may even be inclined to participate. And the Saline atmosphere will continue with the next generation...

John
bobhuckaby

BTW, putting my attorney hat on, the basic law is that a person in public has no expectation of privacy, and famous people even less.
However common courtesy still applies to respect the person and ask permission for photographs that focus on them, or their violent reaction of smashing your face or camera is predictable.
group shots or obviously public appearance (e.g. exposed body parts at the golf game or potluck) are exempt
Bob from Tahoe
peneumbra

It is a little-known fact that many of the people who visit Saline Valley are ---

PRACTICING HOMOSAPIENS!!
bobhuckaby

Since I was the last one to paint that bench (remember "tablegate"?) she had permission
Sam D.

She put her foot on the bench, Bob. Please address that behavior [mad]
Salt Peter

That is a great story Bob. It is all about the parenting. They look to us as an example of how to behave.
bobhuckaby

I persuaded my teenager to go to Saline for thanksgiving, over her objection that "I don't want to see naked people."
arriving Wednesday afternoon driving past a camp she says "see, see, naked people" and I tell her to ignore it.
setting up camp she sees a couple walking past 100 yards away with the guy naked and she gives me the same diatribe and I give her the same response.
we got through thanksgiving dinner fully dressed, except for one guy with only a shirt on, and she says I don't want his dangle in my food.
here is the next day making soup, and she has learned to ignore the naked people in the pool and walking around.
I believe that having a reasonable perspective encourages maturity, and she might even come back next year.
bob from tahoe rsz_p1060577.jpg 

James Sel

If you are hanging around nude in the area and a ranger shows up be sure to walk over to 'em and say "hello." If they look uncomfortable about your nudity keep the conversation going till they start to look at ease. Then jump on your motorized trial-bike and head down the road with with nothing on but a helmet................just fer-fun!

Salt Peter

The more naked the better. I have acquaintances who don't care for the "nudists" and therefore camp far and away from others. Some don't even soak when they go to Saline. I don't get it. Why go to Saline if you're not even gonna soak and/or are offended by birthday suits. To each their own. Wish those "Bare Crossing" signs were still on the road in. Think they were near the double holer at the lower springs. When I bring people who are new to the area I tell them clothing is optional and they may see nude humans. I also mention that it is ok if they wear bathing suits when they soak. It is all about enjoying the experience that is the springs.
webboy52

Good Saline Day everybody!  About "Hot Springs Etiquette..."  My wife and I are practicing nudists, and we've been coming to Saline Valley for 20+ years, but I recently found, and joined this forum.  This forum is both informative and wonderful!

During our camping visits, to Middle Springs, we've found it's both normal and acceptable to walk from your camp, to one of the pools, or the shower, naked.  Not so on the "roads around the camp," where vehicles drive.  

We've camped a few times where we the only nudists, and we got a few looks from others, but hey, nudity is the "norm" at Middle Springs, and we have, literally, nothing to hide.  So, we noticed others got used to it, and later joined us in the hot tubs.

Saline Valley is a unique and wonderful place that we enjoy and treasure.  I love this fourm, and now that I've discovered it, I'll be a regular member.

We plan to pay a visit this April, the week before Easter.  If anybody cares to join us at Middle Springs, let me know.  73... WS6L  ... If you're a "ham" radio operator, you know about call signs.  Look me up in QRZ.

20161025_260.JPG 

This is "me," near my camp, with a couple of friends I met, back in October 25, 2016.  We're enjoying beer, goofing around, and ready to hit the hot tub.  Thanks to my beautiful wife for snapping the photo.

When it comes to Saline Valley Hot Springs etiquette, or for that matter, any place where naked people are enjoying... being naked, please NEVER... NEVER... NEVER take photos without asking permission.  95% of the time, folks will agree, as naturalists have nothing to hide, but you must ask permission.  I have had to have a serious chat a couple of times with boors taking photos of my wife without asking her permission.  If they would have asked before taking the photos, it would not have been a problem.

So, if you're at the hot springs and you want to take photos of people soaking in the hot tubs,  please ask permission before you press the button!  Be a good neighbor...

Scorekeeper Pam and the ump will be there for the game and the whole weekend.

Major Tom

I have seen two increasing problems down at the springs that might be mentioned.

1. Please do NOT use soap in the small pool down by the shower at the Lower Warm Springs. If you want to bath in that pool, the convention is to soak, then sit on the side to use soap and rinse off with the hose.

2. Increasingly there are convoys of 4WD'ers who think the road between the springs are part of the Baja 500. PLEASE slow your speed down so those of us who are sitting around dont have to eat your dust after you all have blown down the road. It's just common courtesy.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!