Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 4      1   2   3   4   Next
martini

You are probably reading this because you have an interest in seeing this beautiful place, or keeping it so. I’d like to see it remain so, and it seems to me that the reason it is so beautiful is that people have done their best to consider others.

I ask you to be considerate of those who are using the springs with you and after you. Here is how.

Why be naked? - This is part of keeping the tubs clean - Wash before you get in the tub, there are foot wash basins at each tub, use them. Don’t wear the grubby bathing suit you’ve been wearing all over camp into the pool, and definitely don’t wear your underwear. If you are embarrassed about your body, try to get over it – you won’t ever meet less judgmental people than you’ll meet here. A sure sign of maturity is being comfortable with yourself.

Valves - If you change the valve setting, and you don’t KNOW what you are doing, put it back the way you found it. If you don’t, the next person is likely to find it really hot or really cold.

Showers – there is enough water for everyone if it is used with care, but it is not considerate to lounge in the shower longer than necessary when others are waiting.

Photos – Regardless of whether someone is clothed or not, it is the right thing to do to ask them permission if you intend to post the photo. People here ARE entitled to some privacy – they are not public figures doing public work.

Noise – People making music are part and parcel to this place and you can often find a singalong going around a fire at night. People also like the quiet. Loud radios and idling engines are not welcome. Do not assume your taste in music is what everyone else likes.

encore889

Theres something really wrong when u see a pic of the springs and everyone has clothes on... we dont want this commercialized b.s.!!

Mmmmmm, I thought this place was clothing optional.  Maybe the lower springs is not nudest friendly.  There goes the neighborhood.  LOL
bobhuckaby

and no, I did not ask all those people for their consent
bobhuckaby

dear old timer, I respectfully disagree, there was a story and the picture was on track and illustrative of the story.
as I told my girl, if you don't like what you see then ignore it, and so can you.
please notice that picture had many other things in it, such as Fun Fun in a robe, people wearing strange hats, and a great gay guy making wonderful soup (thanks Hugo, see you next year).
this is life at saline, and if you don't approve then don't come back.
in comparison, this is a time of family enjoyment as shown here.

SalineThanksgiving2013.jpg 

encore889

No Shirtcocking and publicly choking your chicken!

It's nice that webboy52 removed the picture he posted.
It will be even better if Bob removes or crops the picture of his daughter
http://forum.salinepreservation.org/post/show_single_post?pid=1294953936&postcount=14&forum=162657
There are naked people in the background.
Salt Peter

It is all about consent and being tasteful. I don't get it. Naked people are abundant on the internet but sometimes you get those who have the desire to take photos of others at the springs. As was said earlier...not everything needs to be on the web.

There have been perverts in the past such as the guy jerkin it by the road west of the lower springs while people would drive by. I believe he was dealt with and has not returned.
Lord Jim

Lobo  I think I recognize that great backside  I don't have a problem with the photo's
publishing them without consent well that can be a problem for some
Lorlie

Back to the origional ? I normally go as god intended, but I have my husband to deal with unauthorised photography, and he is fomiddable. If you ask permission first your odds of survival are higher.
bobhuckaby

but we love wonderhussy even though she was too busy to spend thanksgiving here with me
webboy52

I've been visiting Middle Springs for nearly 30 years, and have always had a great experience. 

As a courtesy, I always ASK before I take photos of people soaking in the spring.  Most people will say "yes" but others say "no," and that's their prerogative. Like I said, I always ask.

I don't have problems taking photos of me, as I look just like anybody else, but I ask that you say "please" before you snap my photo. 

The people who "hang" at Saline Valley are wonderful people, and I enjoy meeting new friends every time I visit the valley.

Peneumbra seems to be emjay's retarded cousin.
EDIT 3/15/2017: Peneumbra contacted me to point out that the correct term is "developmentally disadvantaged".
So, the right way is to say that Peneumbra seems to be emjay's developmentally disadvantaged cousin.
Sparky of SoCal

This topic sure got sideways in a hurry. This is a fun place.
peneumbra

Speaking of Hot Springs etiquette: I really wish Springs visitors would consider tipping the valet parking people and the cocktail waiters. These folks hustle to ensure that your vehicle is quickly accessible and that you always have a cold beverage in hand while you're soaking.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!