Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment  
Timmy

The HISTORY OF SALINE VALLEY will be sent to the printers in ONE MONTH, I am only ordering 300 copies unless more people send their payments. You can be the first at your camp site to have a copy of this full color book; 180 pages of history, stories, interesting facts and never before seen photos. Now, I need you to do your part! Please send $30 (plus $4 for shipping if you want it mailed to you) or I will be delivering them to Benton.  I cannot sell them in the National Park, but I can deliver them in October and November to Saline, and leave them with Lee, but they must be prepaid.  Or you can pick them up in October in Lancaster.  Mail a check with clearly written return address or use paypal and include your info.   Any questions - tdahlia@juno.com  Thank You 

PayPal.Me/SALINEHISTORY

Tim Dahlia

814 N. Ave 52

Los Angeles, Calif. 90042

Here’s a little teaser.
CONTENTS PAGE 1.png 

CONTENTS PAGE 2.png  CONTENTS PAGE 3.png 

Salt Peter

Thank you for sharing your inside perspective JM. I do hope the cover evolves into a different design.
Jukebox Mark

Many of us have seen and contributed to this undertaking. It is far from a rehash of anyone else’s work. A lot of the ‘elders’ of the Saline tribe have contributed content specifically regarding the more legendary members of the tribe. Tim’s timeline alone is more thorough than any undertaking.

Tim told me just yesterday (at a party for another member of the tribe) that his plan is to distribute the book in person at our tribal gathering in July. This is not some anonymous marketing scheme by an outsider. It is a heartfelt attempt by one of our own to try and capture some of the color of our heritage before it slips away altogether.

Many doors have opened for Tim in this adventure. May they continue to do so, despite the naysayers.

Maybe Tim could write "The Secret History Of Saline Valley" - stories of the events, relationships, films, rumors - that have never officially been acknowledged, let alone recounted.

Subjects might include The Missing Films Of Killer Kane, The Return Of the Old Outhouses, What Really Happened To The Burmans, and Turtle Jim's Clandestine Invention Of The Aluminum Magnet...
Salt Peter

Looks like a knock off of Digonnet's books. Speaking of which his books have tons of history in them. Then there is the Bill Mann book about Saline Valley. The Mann book has some errors though.
speakeasy

Can somebody figure out morenways to promote the springs?
Timmy

Hello Friends, I am writing a book about the History of Saline Valley with the encouragement of many, about the History of Saline Valley, my intention is to share the stories but not to advertise it's existence, 160 pages with color and b/w photos.  A collection of historical papers, research notes, magazines, newspapers and personal stories from the 1800’s to 2000’s by the people who lived, worked, mined in Saline Valley or love its’ hot springs.  I am looking for some help, someone that is an expert in plagiarism and copyright law in books to advise me.  And a good printer local to the Los Angeles area.  If anyone would like to donate funds to help pay for some of the photos and research papers that are still copyrighted by museums, I would appreciate any help.  If you’re interested in a copy of this book email me at tdahlia@juno.com, I would like to get a head count, it will help determine the quantity for the printing and determine cost. Thanks, Tim Dahlia    PayPal.me/SALINEHISTORY

Saline Cover Page.png 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution