Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
DVExile

Received my copy and it looks great! Need some time to curl up someplace and read it now...
peneumbra

You can pick your friends
You can pick your nose
But can you pick your friends' noses?
Rocketman89408

I received my copy of the book and I must say it is the most comprehensive book on Saline Valley I have ever seen.
Tim did an incredible job. He could have left the picture of me picking my nose out though.(just joking)
Thank you Tim.

Larry Karlberg
Just Bill

The first line I thought Oh Sh_t............
THEN I read the last line and had a highly HUMOROUS good night chuckle!
Thanks for not letting me sh_t my drawers!!!
peneumbra

Is it true that the book is being picked up by HBO to be made into a major series next year?!?

That's wonderful!

And I also hear that they've chosen George Clooney to play Chili Bob!
Timmy

Yes, there are some still available.
fuss

Are any of these books available?
Thx, fuss
PahrumpGeorge

Tim, I know you put a lot hard work into this book; I have seen some of it.
There is no doubt that the finished product is something that any Salineer would appreciate.
If it helps, bring mine to Benton; look forward to reading it.
Geo.
JayOtheMountains

Thanks Tim!
Timmy

SALINE VALLEY HISTORY
UPDATE ----- Picked up the books today, Holy Shit, they look great.
I will start mailing out orders tomorrow, I will email or text the PO tracking numbers as I send them.

Timmy

SALINE VALLEY HISTORY
Progress UPDATE: the pdf file went to the printers today.
They will print one sample for my inspection and then run the whole job.
I'm so excited
Timmy

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?  The pre-orders are almost sold-out, after the summer I would hate to tell people that there are no more copies left to purchase.  This is the dead line, you need to make a decision, I can increase the order if you send your payment within the next week.  Any remaining copies will be offered on a first-come first-served basis, after that “SOL.”  Plan ahead, this book makes a great birthday or Christmas present.  I don’t plan on ordering another printing for a long while.  The book has now grown to over 190 pages and new photos and more history was added last week.  I should raise the price to $50.  But it’s still $30 for now plus $4 shipping.  It’s going to the printers next week so they can be mailed out in June and July.

Timmy

The HISTORY OF SALINE VALLEY will be sent to the printers in ONE MONTH, I am only ordering 300 copies unless more people send their payments. You can be the first at your camp site to have a copy of this full color book; 180 pages of history, stories, interesting facts and never before seen photos. Now, I need you to do your part! Please send $30 (plus $4 for shipping if you want it mailed to you) or I will be delivering them to Benton.  I cannot sell them in the National Park, but I can deliver them in October and November to Saline, and leave them with Lee, but they must be prepaid.  Or you can pick them up in October in Lancaster.  Mail a check with clearly written return address or use paypal and include your info.   Any questions - tdahlia@juno.com  Thank You 

PayPal.Me/SALINEHISTORY

Tim Dahlia

814 N. Ave 52

Los Angeles, Calif. 90042

Here’s a little teaser.
CONTENTS PAGE 1.png 

CONTENTS PAGE 2.png  CONTENTS PAGE 3.png 

Salt Peter

Thank you for sharing your inside perspective JM. I do hope the cover evolves into a different design.
Jukebox Mark

Many of us have seen and contributed to this undertaking. It is far from a rehash of anyone else’s work. A lot of the ‘elders’ of the Saline tribe have contributed content specifically regarding the more legendary members of the tribe. Tim’s timeline alone is more thorough than any undertaking.

Tim told me just yesterday (at a party for another member of the tribe) that his plan is to distribute the book in person at our tribal gathering in July. This is not some anonymous marketing scheme by an outsider. It is a heartfelt attempt by one of our own to try and capture some of the color of our heritage before it slips away altogether.

Many doors have opened for Tim in this adventure. May they continue to do so, despite the naysayers.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution