Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment  
Salt Peter

Yes that is a dated map. Please check a more current map for potential places to begin your hike. As bb noted, Lippincott will have better start off points.
bb

Well, that road is closed at the Saline Valley Road because of the Death Valley National Park Wilderness so if you're fine parking at the main road, I'm sure it's an option. You could also drive to here I think on Lippincott with the outback, but not any further- 36.6532, -117.6168

Don't know that that helps you much versus just starting from Saline Valley Road and hiking the old road you highlighted. I know when you do Ubehebe from the Racetrack, there's a trail that drops off the west side of the saddle and I'm unsure how far that goes. I know it continues to some mines. I'd be curious to hear how your adventure goes if you give it a go. 
hisdudeness47

I'm leaning towards spending this weekend in Saline Valley and I'm getting an itch to try and off-trail it from Saline Valley to Ubehebe Peak. Has anyone here ever tried climbing Ubehebe from the Saline side? Here's an idea for a trailhead... https://caltopo.com/m/MFKB. I'm prepared to park lower than that. Anyway, any insight on climbing Ubehebe from Saline Valley would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution