Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Commando Paul

RIP Commando Mitch, Huzzah, Huzzah, Huzzah!

The Original Commando, Caliph of The Mound,  has left the building.  We learned of it only recently, though it happened in March of 13.  The memorial service took place on April Fools' Day 2013, an apropos adios from the Stallion of the Harem of Barbie!

Long Live Commando Mitch!

For those of us who knew him, no explanation is necessary.  For those who did not, none is possible, and you will have to rely on lore and legend to have any clue at all.

The San Diego Chargers have lost their biggest fan.

Herewith, his Obit as published in the Chico ER at the appropriate time:

Mitchell Scantlen (1956 - 2013)

Obituary

http://ak-cache.legacy.net/legacy/images/Cobrands/ChicoER/Photos/ScantlenMitchell.eps_20130329.jpg

MITCHELL SCANTLEN Finally at Peace. Mitchell passed away unexpectedly at the age of 56 and leaves behind wife Theresa and stepson Cameron. He is also survived by his parents, Dory (San Diego, CA) and Anthony (St. Charles, Ill), brother Scott (St. Paul, MN.), sister Meredith (Vancouver, BC), and many other relatives and friends. Mitchell was a graduate La Jolla High School and Northern Illinois University. Mitchell was an active member Deacon in his church, was an avid Pool and Chess player, and loved spending time on his land in the mountains. The San Diego Chargers have lost their biggest fan. There will be a Memorial Service held at the Chico Seventh Day Adventist Church Monday, April 1, 2013 at 7:00p.m.

Published in Chico Enterprise-Record on Mar. 29, 2013

There will be a gathering of friends in The Valley at Halloween to share memories. RIMG0006.JPG 

tbone ribeye

Saw a 172 land on Sept 19 and leave early the next day. 
Sam D.

I posted under the pirep section.
DBCooper

I'm planning to be there, but plans can change. Has anyone looked at the runway lately?
Spider

Bad news - I'll have to work so we can't make it .... 
Hope to see you a little later this year.

XO Anette & Scott
XPBC

Were in!
florida

Count me in!
Flipper

Quick shout out to see who might visit the springs for Halloween this year?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!