Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Hi Desert Warrior

Don't smoke.  It was hard to see out of the mask at night time.  Besides being hit with an egg and tomato, I was also hit with a shoe.  My first thought was you because I couldn't see who threw it.  It was a rough night and I kept tripping over rocks and walking into bushes.  Kind of took the fun out of it.
I would have answered you posting earlier but was blocked from logging on this site.  All the pop up said I was forbidden to enter.  That was over the weekend.  I don't know how long until I am forbidden again to go on this site.  I sent e-mails to Tom, both Johns, Timbo, and Rick and all my e-mails were returned undeliverable.  Don't know why or who I ticked off to be kicked off this site.  Whatever.
florida

Whatcha smokin Mr Hi? I wasn't even there!
Anyway, I have hopes the shoe will show up when some hunk shakes his tent out as he packs to go to Saline. Hehhehheh!
Hi Desert Warrior

Your right, it is made by Acme.  Should have known.  As for the Burro outfit-  I seem to always get the rear end.  No respect and I'll pass on that one.
Big Jeff

Hey I'm in on the Burro gig, I'll take the front and you can bring up the rear, as long as you don't try to make an Ass of your self.
James Sel

HDW The problem must have been that the costume was made by Acme
Hi Desert Warrior

Hey-  I didn't have any fun at Palm Springs on Halloween.  That night I put on my coyote costume and wasn't aloud to visit any camp sites.  I had an egg thrown at me, also a tomato from some one else.  Florida got into the act by throwing a shoe at me.  I tried to take the costume off but the zippers stuck and I had to drive home with it on.  Thank God, I left that night and it was Halloween.  At the springs, I got no respect.  Next year I will wear something else.  Maybe a Burro outfit if I can find someone to wear it with me.  
Tahoe Tammy

Anyone need a ride into Saline?? Leaving Friday afternoon from South Lake Tahoe, hopefully before the storm.  Have room in my truck/camper.  Will be heading back home Nov. 7th.
Flipper

Just got an official north road condition report. The north is heavily washboarded below the pines. But no major washouts or serious trouble. The road from batrock to the phone booth is standard rough with a side of heavy washboard but no serious washouts or trouble. That said it is still the Saline Valley Road! Good tires and decent driving skills are a must.
I may not make this years Halloween celebration, mom's care is the issue. If I can arrange care for her I'll shoot for the springs Thursday evening.

Tahoe Tammy

ME!  But it will be the day after.  What's the north pass looking like?
XPBC

Peggy and I will be in no later than Monday 27th and maybe much earlier. Gracie and Dottie are also in on this one.
florida

Trying hard to get there. New camper has been delayed again. It is going to be close....
I have my costume! Also a bottle of good coffee additives.
vito

Forgot to include the beautiful Miss Bobbie aka Florida in the people I'm hanging with. Let's have some Mac and Cheese...... -[smile]
Vito
vito

Got some great memories of Commando Mitch.  Will be hanging with Flipper, Commando Paul, The Horns, and a special guest from North Carolina who has been in the valley before.  Bring your best costume!  A good time will be had by ALL.
Vito
graytortoisetenttrailer

Hey Flipper! Briant and I are coming out for Halloween leaving this coming Monday- hopefully the gray tortoise won't have any problems like last year! hope to see you there!
florida

I think I knew him but can't recall exactly. Still, I will be proud to raise a glass in his honor at the Springs. I like Halloween there - a few more people than usual but not crazy crowded. It will be my first camp in my new rig. What better place? FYI: See the swap forum for my Syncro.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!