Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment  
Joe G

I wish I had seen this earlier. SteveO90290, here is a link to the Bishop Amateur Radio Club repeater page. They seem to have a good network set up and even though they don't list a GMRS repeater they might have something going for that that is currently unpublished. Also if they see a growing interest they might consider adding something in the future. I have my ham General license but I'm still interested in GMRS because once you pay for the $70 tax (cough)...license it is good for 10 years and extends to your whole family, and that is appealing to me.

Anyway, I conversed with one of the BARC members on Facebook and he was a real nice guy. Wouldn't hurt to ask them. Hope you had a good stay in Saline. 73 (means best wishes in Ham lingo)

http://www.n6ov.com/repeater.html

SteveO90290

Thanks Bob!

Sadly I haven't acquired my HAM license yet, so I will only use that in an emergency situation.  I am planning to head out to Saline on the 24th or 25th.  
Peace,
SteveO 
WRCQ433

SilverBob

I'm not aware of any.  Many of us use 2 meter ham radios that can access the Bishop Amateur Radio Cub's repeater on Mazourka Peak to communicate outside the valley, or 146.550 simplex to talk amongst ourselves in the valley.
SteveO90290

Hello SPA!
Are there any GMRS repeaters out there?

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution