Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment  
SilverBob

Look on Google Earth and navigate to 36 deg. 41 min. 47.21 sec. North, and 117 deg. 49 min. 48.47 West.  That is the location of the concrete pool you're looking for.  The water comes from a spring in Hunter Canyon and is piped down into the tank.  It's good fresh water and there's plenty of it.  I would suggest filtering it if you're going to drink very much of it though.

Last time I went to the Artesian Well, the burros had reduced it to a muddy damp area covered in burro shit.
Seattle Mitch

Yep. I was looking for some water that I didn't have to filter and I have used that well before with no problem. Went up the road and had a little trouble finding the well. I found the steel casing. It looked like the PVC riser pipe had been removed. There was standing water around the well but no flow from the casing. The reference to the well had also been removed from the sign post that says "end of the road at 1.1 mile"

Hi Mitch, If you checked on the artesian well in the trees this pass december, I haven't been there for at least a couple of years.  Although, I had to check twice to find the well last time b/c it was well hidden. No pool or puddling around source. I think we are talking about the same well.  Although, there is a water source at the very old concrete square  pond.  There was a picture of this very recently on this site.  Plus most of the canyons probably has enough water to pump.
Seattle Mitch

Obviously meant Saline Valley Road. Stoopid spell czecher.

Hey Ric,

Are you talking about that well that used to be marked "artesian well" on the sign that leads from Celine Valley Road? If so on my most recent trip to Saline (during December) I noticed that the sign has been removed and the well was no longer flowing.

If you're actually thinking about a different well, pardon my interruption.

-Mitch.

Look for the big trees just north of Salt Lake.  Take the old closed diagonal road to the springs & you will run right into the trees.
dunkelcreature

Hello all;

I've heard rumors of some sort of (drinkable) well water or spring source near Salt Lake. Does anyone have any information they'd be willing to share regarding this? Even if I have to filter it, that's fine. I'm just looking for some kind of reliable source in that area. I'll be riding a bicycle through there and would like to find a source I can use to make the distance.  Thanks in advance!

Kristen
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution