Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
paul belanger

I don't seem to have any issues with this site being slow.  I have a cable modem in the attic of my house.  I would think the speed depends on your connection.
Big Jeff

I did have a delay with the reply button on the laptop
but now on the S4 it came right up. Good info on the trace
The Mods and Admins should pickup on that
hotspringsadventure

I am in Santa Cruz, CA.  When I clicked on the Reply button to post this message, it took over 30 seconds and then I had to hit it a couple of more times before it would finally make the page load.  All other websites load super fast. Below is a traceroute from my house to the website server. You can see once it gets outside of comcast's servers, it hits many timeouts.  So that is what is causing me to see the problem on my end.  The webhosting company for the forum should contact their upstream provider and send them the attached screenshot of the traceroute. 

Randy

Attached Images
jpeg trace.jpg (97.62 KB, 32 views)

Big Jeff

How odd, I am using my verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 as a hot spot for my laptop right now and the pages are firing right up in under 2 seconds. Also I don't have the best cell signal either.
hotspringsadventure

I have been a guest for a while but registered today.  I just wanted to make the comment that I love the forum, but it seems the pages load very very slowly most of the time.  Sometimes, I wait 20 seconds for a page to load.  If you are paying money for this forum, then I would think it should be much faster.  I design websites and create web services for a living and if I had customers paying me for a forum I built, they would be upset with me if the pages took more than 2 seconds to load.

Just thought I would share my experience since I have been visiting the site for the past month.

Randy

winks

Doh! Who would have thought of scrolling all the way down to the bottom of the page? :embarrassed
Big Jeff

There is a Paypal account, just hit the donate button at the bottom of page
rastaone

For whatever it's worth, I know if there was a PayPal account set up, my "crew" and myself would fund this forum big time.  just let us know and we're in!

rastaone
James Sel

What woke this thread?  Are there current financial needs?

winks

If you set up a Pay Pal account, that makes donations relatively quick, easy and painless for the donors.
I know what a pain it is to run a forum on your own dime.
carsonites

Is anyone going to be out at the hotsprings memorial weekend.  Dennis and I are planning on coming Thursday (we'll get there before night fall) and hopefully be able to stay until Sunday sometime.  We really enjoyed ourselves the last time we were there.  See you there. 

Dragonfly

This forum made my trip to SV more informed.  I have been going for years and now have a reliable source of info on events and conditions.  Thanks to Major Tom for the hard work.  I made my donation today.  Well worth it!!

Mad Dog Kenny

XPBC is much richer than I am but, my 1/4 billion is on its way. Thanks for all the work on that. I was the guy that stopped when you were repairing your broken chain and offered links. You going out, me going in. Again, Thanks.
Kenny
XPBC

My billion dollors is in the mail.  I think info on this forum is worth every penny.

Major Tom

One easy way to help keep the costs of the forum down is to subscribe to threads of interest. If you look at the header of this thread, you will see a tab labeled Thread Tools. From that tab you can choose to subscribe to the thread, and when you do an email will be sent to your registered email address every time someone posts to the thread. That way you can keep up on whats happening and decide when to jump in without having to repeatedly navigate to the thread and view it for updates.

I would recommend configuring your email client with a folder specifically for Forum updates, and direct the program to automatically direct mail from forum@salinepreservation.org to land in that folder. That would keep the clutter out of your inbox.

Hope this recommendation is helpful. If not, send us a billion dollars!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!