Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
bobhuckaby

encore has some good points and some off.  the first rule is respect the environment because that affects all of us, the second rule is respect the persons around you because peace is derived from that, then you can teach the persons who need tutoring in the better points of peaceful co-existence.
bob from tahoe
Sparky of SoCal

Be careful with those Redneck comments
encore889

The first rule of saline hot springs is dont talk about saline hot springs!! The second rule is the same as the first. The third rule is, dont bring your redneck habits or cousins to the hot springs.

Also if you are too lazy to take a shower, at least wash your feet before you get in. There are feet washing areas next to every tub.

Dont get so piss ass donkey drunk, that if u need to take a dump, you can still make it to the bathroom, pull down your pants, and sit square on the toilet. Why do i say this?! Someone dropped a deuce in the middle of the bathroom floor last pres day. And left it for the next person to find! If u are this person, you should be banished from saline forever.

While you say you bring your firewood I'd like to know where and what wood you "scrounge"?
webboy52

Hello.  Hi Desert Warrior put it very well.  Be respectful to your neighbors.  The springs are clothing optional - heck, nobody wears clothes - but if there are families present, maybe you should consider only disrobing as you're about to enter one of the hot tubs. 

Keep your campsite clean.  I pick up any trash that I see in the area.  If there's one thing that will close this place, it's trash.  So, I clean up my trash, and any other trash I find.

I stay sober.  This is wilderness and you need all of your wits.  Not to mention that I want to be a good neighbor.  We keep our parties mostly quite - reasonably so - and reasonably sober.

We also love to share ice, beer, toilet paper, food and whatever with our neighbors.  Saline Valley is a long ways away from society, so it's a "share and share alike" mentality.  Kind of like communism...

Enjoy the beautiful valley!  I'll see you there mid April 2017

Hello all... When I camp at Middle Springs, I camp at a already established campsite.  I prefer to camp east of the pools, near the road to Steele (Steel?) Pass.  Campsites are well dispersed and defined.

The first thing I do when I camp is I scoop ashes out of the firepit and put 'em in a plastic trash bag. Ditto with any trash left in firepits from previous campers.  The Park Service hates ashes, and trash and ashes are sure-fire way to get the Hot Springs closed to the people who love them the most.  I pick up every little piece of trash I see, even though I didn't generate it.  I want to keep the area pristine, and I want to keep it open for my grandkids to enjoy.

I bring in my own firewood.  Naturally, I scrounge the area for more wood, as you can never have enough firewood.  I always bring toilet paper to stock the vault toilet, 409 cleaner, and paper towels.

I always believe in "meeting and greeting" my neighbors.  I try to be a good neighbor.  At Middle Springs, where nudity is the norm, if there is a family present, I avoid disrobing unless I'm at the hot tub, or if the family are obviously into nudism.  Most people who camp at Middle Springs are nudists, but I've seen some who aren't, and I don't want to shock anybody, nor scar their children for life. 

Sharing is the norm at Middle Springs.  I share my ice, beer and food with my neighbors, and they do the same with me.  Everytime I come back from Saline Valley, I have new friends, especially in this era of Facebook.

Talk about a sense of "community!"  Saline Valley is THE place!

We look forward to some newd soaks, can't wait to meet some of you in person! Naturally[wink]
Hi Desert Warrior

Welcome to the group, Ruth.  Both springs are clothing optional.  Generally the families stay at the lower springs and the couples and singles camp at the middle springs known as palm springs but not always.  Just be polite, respect the wild animals, and on occasion moon the low flying military aircraft to make their day.  Other than that just enjoy the day and night soaking in the pools.
Ruth

Are there rules on where we can be naked, we don't want to break any standards of cloth if there are any. We already know rule #1   don't point and laugh!

Looking forward to our first visit and would hate to start off on the wrong feet
Salt Peter

Sorry bout that, I got emotionally overwhelmed after hearing of a friends recent trip out and how Solar Don the current host seems not to hold the bar too high as what is necessary of a camp host.
SoCalDon

See 20) [wink] 

Too many Don's. See you all early Friday!
Sam D.

Solar Don is the host, not the SoCalDon.
I do agree about beer - evaporates fast.
Salt Peter

Stop begging for food and booze.
You want to be a good host, act like one.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!