Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Unregistered2016

I guess we're left with pooping in the firepits, letting the poop dry and then burning it. What do you think, Mark?
Jukebox Mark

Disregard previous post. Partied with Timbo and Major Tom for New Years. Timbo says with this cold snap, he's been completely cleaned out of firewood for now.

Shameless plug for SPA board member Timbo, who sells firewood and lives in Palmdale off the 14

Thanks, emjay. Sounds good. Is it safe to cook over such a fire or are there additives?
Salt Peter

Good info.
I usually try to buy my firewood along the 395 somewhere. Does anyone have a good source along the 395/14 that has a good price on firewood?
Major Tom

The Park has asked SPA to pass this information along, as folks have been inquiring about the need to burn local wood as a means of preventing pest spread.

Due to the ecology of Saline Valley, Death Valley National Park does not have a regulation on bug-free firewood. Users should bring their own firewood as wood gathering is not permitted within the park boundary.

Many parks and forests do have bug-free regulations due to the possible transportation and introduction of forest pests and diseases. If anyone is interested the State of CA has a "burn it where you buy it" program. See  http://www.firewood.ca.gov/index.html." Additionally, some parks do not allow camp fires at all. It is always a good idea to check out local regulations before traveling.  

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!