Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment  
James Sel

RiverRat, I was kinda thinking the same thing too.
RiverRat
and this relates to Saline Valley how???  or are you planning on filming and broadcasting the springs???
Sparky of SoCal

I like the rules as they are, I do not like potty mouths or needless nudity. That is mine opinion. Let the majority set the rules not any noisy minority group. That is fair is it not? If the majority wants potty mouth on TV, fair.If majority does not that would be fair also.

appletreasures

The U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has recently proposed a relaxation of its ban on nudity on television and its censorship of words like "fuck", "piss", etc. The FCC is seeking public comments on the proposal.

If enacted, the new FCC policy would allow network television and local radio stations to air isolated instances of expletives (like "fuck") and to air isolated instances of non-sexual nudity. The FCC would continue enforcing censorship in "egregious" cases in which nudity or expletives are used deliberately and repeatedly "in a patently offensive manner". Read the text of the proposal here:
http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/comment/view?id=6017170272

Organized fundamentalist religious groups are trying to derail this FCC proposal by bombarding the comment site with pleas to keep the current censorship rules.

You can make your voice heard by going to the FCC comment site and stating your opinion on the proposal.

Please follow these instruction carefully, to ensure that your comment is accepted by the FCC:

1.Go to http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/upload/begin?procName=&filedFrom=X.
2.Enter the code "13-86" in the "Proceeding Number" box and fill out the few remaining required fields.
3.Enter your comment in the text box provided and click "Continue."
4.From there, review your comment and click "Confirm."

DO THIS BY APRIL 30, WHICH IS LAST DAY OF THE COMMENT PERIOD. (That's right, it's tomorrow!

HERE ARE SOME SAMPLE COMMENTS. USE ONE OF THEM IF YOU WISH, OR WRITE YOUR OWN.

I support the changes proposed in GN Docket No. 13-86 which would change the current FCC indecency standards and would allow television and radio stations to broadcast expletives and nudity on the public airwaves. Our government has better things to do with our tax money than to enforce silly taboos on the nation's communications media.

Please stop wasting our nation's tax dollars enforcing ridiculous rules about nudity and language on television and radio. The FCC should adopt the proposed changes to "indecency" standards as described ini GN Docket # 13-86, as a first step toward complying fully with the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

Relaxing the current policy on so-called "indecency" would definitely serve the public interest by saving precious tax dollars and relieving the communications industry of the costly burdens of carefully censoring every utterance and image that they broadcast. I fully endorse this and future efforts to take the government out of the business of enforcing religious doctrines and taboos on our country.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution