Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
treasured

My 2 cents- keep it dark, let people use headlamps. we dont need light pollution out there, we come here to escape that. 
charles kissinger

"They’re aesthetically pleasing and add to the ambiance of the springs" a quote 
from a post above neither one on those things is why i have been going since 1975 
Salt Peter

[thumb]
SilverBob

That was NOT an "improvement".  It was maintenance, and was coordinated between SPA, Lizard Lee and the volunteers.  Lee told me that maintenance is allowed, but we can't add anything.  

These tubs won't last forever.  If we don't do something about the Volcano Pool soon, the whole end is going to fall off.  More maintenance to come.....
Salt Peter

But lets not mention the recent resurfacing of a certain pool. I'm not against that either. There are some "improvements" that go on all the time that the park doesn't sign off on. [wink]
Hi Desert Warrior

I could care less one way or the other. It would be helpful for some at night time, But it is an improvement to the springs that is not in favor with NPS.
A flash light at night is a must. Last year, a rattle snake was hanging out on the north side of the toilet for two days. Without that flash light, even on a full moon, you can't see them and could get a nasty bite. Solar lights would not have helped in that case.
Salt Peter

My avatar was specific for the famous "un" poster. Nothing more.
yubert

I like solar lights.  They’re aesthetically pleasing and add to the ambiance of the springs.  If you don’t like the solar lights, just don’t look at them.  No different than seeing nekkid people, just look away I always say...

Salt Peter

And those places aren't Saline are they? Neither is Whitmore, neither are the other hot springs I've visited. We'll do it the emjay way then.
Sam D.

I am not convinced by all the arguments above that the lights are not needed. Only few people objected but the rest has quietly enjoyed them for years.
So, yes, please bring and install the lights but make sure the lumen output is kept below blinding levels.
knockknock

UH HUH!
Sparky of SoCal

Who would of thought there would be so much chatter over some chicken sh*t solor lights at the crappers.
Salt Peter

Moon goggles
trigger

Ya those solar lights are tough on the eyes. I suffered severe retinal damage because of them. Now I have to wear sunglasses at night out there. It's embarrassing.
bmxmtbman

The fewer new infrastructure projects the better. Nothing more is needed. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution