Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment  
ford

Thanks James for the explanation, guess I will not miss a show in Saline then. 
bb

This website is one you definitely want to look at- https://www.desertusa.com/wildflo/wildupdates.html

Doesn't appear that Death or Saline Valley would be at "super"bloom status, but the low desert around Anza and the south entrance to J Tree are looking good
James Sel

ford, When it comes to the valley floor super bloom isn't a thing though we do get some flowers. However, should we get more rain up till mid-April along the upper Grapevine Canyon road and the road in the north Valley will be blooming in an abundant verity around Memorial Day.  This is beyond what the park reports about a supper bloom which happens after the rains in Nov & Dec. on the DV floor and the crowds com out. Where and when is everything!!!!!!!!!! So, elevation and latitude matters too. You need it now? Go to Anza Borrego.

Once on Memorial day I found a pack of blooming plants the size of a football field. There were over 30 plants in bloom. Another time it was the south pass that had the show.

I want to go to Carrizo Plain this year to see the super bloom there if it happens. It may have been the best in the State 2 yrs back. I missed it. I don't think this year it will be everything it was then but I'm watching. I think the best display will be in the Antelope Valley this year as I'n seen yellow carpets there before.

btw, Late snow though a wrench in to things and stop a pending bloom.

Attached Images
jpeg Picture 297.jpg (430.42 KB, 12 views)

Salt Peter

"Have any idea how good the bloom will be this year?"
"I was asking about the upcoming wildflower display in the park, especially Saline."

Those are vague. No need to ask about specifics if you yourself cannot be specific too.

sierramtnman

You need to head South. Anza Borrego Superbloom just getting started.

Attached Images
jpeg CFEB19C6-A849-44F6-8201-DD244F215F09.jpeg (916.46 KB, 17 views)

Thunder58

According to reports from the Death Valley people that know these things there was not the right amount of rain at the right time to cause a super bloom but it should still be lovely.
James Sel

where?
ford

Have any idea how good the bloom will be this year?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution