Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment  
D.A. Wright

Netllama, known on most DV boards, has created D-V.net’s successor and has managed to gather the archives. Even has the old masthead. Different forum software, though, but looks and works much the same except for colors.

https://netllama.linux-sxs.org/dv/index.php

Just checked. The site is now down. The notice is there, still dated for Tuesday, but below is blank with only the notice:

To many people using crawlers, good bye...”

My understanding is that a crawler is used to strip info. Otherwise I haven’t a clue as to uses for crawlers. Except for fishing in a stream or lake ...

Another thumbs down for 2020.
ski3pin

A sad loss.......................
bikerjosh

Wow, end of an era. -Josh
Arkose

Yes we are, thanks for the notification David. Lots of information to be lost, hopefully its archives can get migrated to another host/server?
-Mitch
D.A. Wright

I’m certain that at least several members here are also members at Death-Valley.net. Death-Valley Net is having it’s plug pulled Tuesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death-Valley.net
NOTICE: After almost 18 years of service, the DV.net forum will cease operations on September 15, 2020. This was not an easy decision, but with the required maintenance, increase in SPAM, decreased participation, and better usability of social media platforms, the DV.net forum has reached its life expectancy. From all the DV.net Admins and Moderators, thank you for a wonderful 18 years!

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution