Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Sam D.

Mielle, Tracfones using AT&T network work fine.
Mielle

Wow thanks Sam I'm going to owe you!
Sam D.

...forgot to mention... when you register the phone pick the zip code of Bishop to make sure Tracfone does not switch you to its Sprint network.
93512 or 93514
Mielle

Thank you that is so incredibly helpful!! I can't wait to be back there, it's such a special place. Enjoy your trip!
Sam D.

My tracfone worked the last time I was at the springs in the Fall of 2018. I am going tomorrow and will update you once I am back sometimes on Wed/Thur.

If you're thinking of getting a Tracfone, make sure you pick the model with a green map on the box. Green map means it uses AT&T network. A Red map means it uses Verizon - not going to work at the springs.
TRACFONE.jpg  TRACFONE VERIZON.jpg 

Mielle

Hi, new here but I've been to the springs a long time ago. Was the person who had signal with a cheap at&t trakphone able to get that signal recently? I want to go next month but need to check voicemail and email for work while there.
Thanks, sorry if this is a redundant Q.
Sam D.

Folks! These are not clouds!

It's either the results of CA legalization or smug

SMUG2.jpg

knockknock

CHEMTRAILS?
peneumbra

Welcome to the forum, wbdeford. You'll discover that some of us are here because we're not all there...
wbdeford

Since this was my first post, I wasn't going to complain too much about it getting hijacked to talk about phones  😉  I appreciate the pics of the clouds/fog very much.
peneumbra

Let's get real. At&t and Sprint don't cause clouds.

Verizon causes clouds.
JayOtheMountains

Quote:
What do phones have to do with “clouds the last ten days”? Is att/sprint causing fog?

It's all part of the conspiracy, man.
Seattle Mitch

What do phones have to do with “clouds the last ten days”? Is att/sprint causing fog?

I used a tracphone for years with a Wilson amplifier and it work will at the springs, even texted pictures. I switched to an iPhone 6s and T-Mobile, never got a signal, I switched to att and I get a good signal. My wife has a IPhone 6s and Verizon and she has never gotten a signal. The last time I looked at the coverage maps, att is the only one that shows coverage at the springs.
Sam D.

I never tried T-Mobile cell with an amplifier. My T-Mobile phone without amplifier did NOT work.
Standalone TracFone utilizing AT&T network works in certain spots.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution