Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Sam D.

Folks! These are not clouds!

It's either the results of CA legalization or smug

SMUG2.jpg

knockknock

CHEMTRAILS?
peneumbra

Welcome to the forum, wbdeford. You'll discover that some of us are here because we're not all there...
wbdeford

Since this was my first post, I wasn't going to complain too much about it getting hijacked to talk about phones  😉  I appreciate the pics of the clouds/fog very much.
peneumbra

Let's get real. At&t and Sprint don't cause clouds.

Verizon causes clouds.
JayOtheMountains

Quote:
What do phones have to do with “clouds the last ten days”? Is att/sprint causing fog?

It's all part of the conspiracy, man.
Seattle Mitch

What do phones have to do with “clouds the last ten days”? Is att/sprint causing fog?

I used a tracphone for years with a Wilson amplifier and it work will at the springs, even texted pictures. I switched to an iPhone 6s and T-Mobile, never got a signal, I switched to att and I get a good signal. My wife has a IPhone 6s and Verizon and she has never gotten a signal. The last time I looked at the coverage maps, att is the only one that shows coverage at the springs.
Sam D.

I never tried T-Mobile cell with an amplifier. My T-Mobile phone without amplifier did NOT work.
Standalone TracFone utilizing AT&T network works in certain spots.
tronaborn

Sam, was that with an amplifier or without?  If T-Moblie works with an amplifier I'll likely make the switch.
Sam D.

Up until 2 years ago I had a T-Mobile work phone that did not work at the springs.
Coming to think of it, I've never heard anyone using T-Mobile phone at the springs though T-Mobile is supposed to use AT&T antennas in some areas.

My primary phone uses Verizon network and I've never been able to connect at the springs.

I bought a cheap $5 pay as you go TracFone phone (make sure there is a Green map on the box = AT&T network, Red map  = Verizon). It works pretty well at the springs.

tronaborn

I have been using AT&T as a cell carrier for a long time, in part because with a Wilson cell signal amplifier I can get a good signal at the springs.  Thinking about switching and I'm wondering if anyone has been using T-Mobile and had similar success (or failure) getting voice and data at the Saline Valley springs?  I know people can also connect through Verizon but I would need a different phone to use their system.

Andy
johnc

Was at a turnout around 4 am a few years back in the south pass. High clouds had blotted out the moon. About this time, the moon broke through, an lit a massive fog bank below me. The effect was like someone had thrown a massive switch from the north end, past the gap at Hunter mtn road and into the panamints !
JayOtheMountains

Fixt that. Seems like google doesn't like me to share directly from them....
wbdeford

JayOnTheMountains, it looked like you tried to post some pics, but they don't show up.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!