Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
bobhuckaby

Somebody counted 40 for potluck Christmas day
a few groups came through but mostly quiet
got to train some more people how to clean the pools so pass along the tradition
bob from Tahoe
BigDaddyJEH

It was an amazing 4 days at the springs!!  We had a blast and the weather was GREAT!  We met some new friends and I cannot wait to return!  
OpenTrackRacer

Looks like I'll be our Saturday and Sunday nights.  Looks like the weather is going to be great.  Looking forward to it!  It's been too long.
florida

I have never seen a large crowd at Christmas. It isn't like thanksgiving at all.
The weather and the road conditions affect the plans of folks who drive in just for a day or two.
If you come, bring beer, wine, ice, fresh food and a pleasant affect. It's a holiday. Have a nice time.
BigDaddyJEH

My wife and I will see you there.  We will be leaving about noon on Christmas day, but we will have a big meal Christmas Eve if anyone is interested. 
Grazhppr

I know they have a pot luck dinner every Christmas. Past two years usually gone a day before Christmas s eve. This year I will be at the springs a day after Christmas
OpenTrackRacer

Yeah, forums are usually like that and there's one in every crowd.  I've been on-line for far to long to have something like that cause me any real concern.  I've been to the springs before and I'm experienced in backcountry camping so no issues there.  I'll look at the list and see if there is anything I can bring but I'm going to be packed to the gills since this will be at the beginning of my trip.

I'll probably be pulling out Christmas Day so I won't be there for the potluck.
bobhuckaby

I will be doing bbq turkey and roast vegetables for Christmas Day potluck dinner,
and bringing libation contributions for new years eve grog, maybe I'll stay awake for it this year
bob from tahoe
minierf

I would estimate anywhere between 10 and 200 people for X-mas weekend... hope this helps!
OpenTrackRacer

What a pointless comment.  Obviously it matters to me if I'm asking.  With it change anything?  Yes.  Whether I go or not.

If you can't say something useful, why say something at all?
James Sel

What does it matter how many people will be there. Will it change anything?

Its the weather and snow reports that will dictate the future.

BigDaddyJEH

My wife and I are going to be there from Friday to Christmas day.  Unfortunately, I have never been there at Christmas and I have never heard from anyone about the subject.  
OpenTrackRacer

I'm thinking of spending a night or two at the Springs the weekend of Christmas (at the beginning of a week long off-road trip).  I imagine that's a busy time of the year but if anyone can give me some feedback on how many people are usually out there I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.