Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 3      1   2   3   Next
Salt Peter

I burned it in my campfire and it took a while to burn let alone degrade in a desert environment. We don't need rangers finding this stuff out there and giving them more reason to regulate Saline.
James Sel

On News Year's morning I seen a guy walking with three of them that he had picked from the desert floor. .......I'd hate to be the guy that accidentally set vegetation on fire when or when not families are camping there. I think releasing fire into the sky should be left in the city an not the much more valuable wilderness.
traveltoad

We did get the biodegradable ones that are supposed to be gone quickly... but if people think it is litter we won't bring them again.
Salt Peter

I found a lantern in a wash nearby. I'm sure they look neat floating in the sky at night but they are litter. [frown]
florida

And if anyone finds that shoe, please leave it in the lost and found at Palm Springs.
florida

Outstanding holiday season at the springs! Thanks to everyone at both camps, thanks to all the great dogs, thanks to the incredible weather! No thanks to Un and others like her/him with their useless rants. Really, Thanks!
traveltoad

Although the group seemed a bit smaller this year... everyone pulled together and an amazing (and very full) table of fantastic food arrived for the pot luck! Thanks to all!

Gabrielle did an amazing job as 3rd string Grog Queen! 

See you all next year!
[IMG_1673-XL] 
bobhuckaby

A wonderful new years at the lower springs, with tequila Pete and Chris on guitars and a mandolin (Ed?) -- btw the wood supply was already gone so truckloads are needed.  The new grog queen Gabrielle made a wonderful brew after much study and contributions of all types.  Florida is looking for a lost shoe.  The jambalaya rice with sausage was enjoyed by Martha who gets to play with two willies (you had to be there).
Bob from Tahoe

Attached Images
jpeg saline_NYcampfire.jpg (238.60 KB, 73 views)

bobhuckaby

work (the other "w" word) won't let me get away until Friday after Xmas, but my dutch oven is already loaded in the truck, ready to make a pot of jambalaya rice with sausage as promised, and some other recipes too.
NWS says sunny 55 day 33 nite for temps, but I can wear a jacket over the robe getting to the sunrise soak, so wonderful.
Bob from Tahoe
florida

Moved the time frame up. I'm heading in tomorrow (Saturday) via north pass. Hope to see some of you there. I'm bringing the dutch oven and more recipes to try out on the captive Saliners. White Syncro Westfalia, with Florida (duh) plates. See ya!
Sam D.

I'll come if daytime temp goes above 65F. Otherwise, I'll freeze my arse.
florida

Just a week away. Anyone besides me going in for Christmas to New Years? I need to plan some menus!
RealEd

No offense taken!
Big Jeff

Sorry RealEd there is no Santa Claus, Christmas Canyon or Hijack Falls in Saline Valley, it was just James Sel's way of making a point.  Please take no offense, this is the way it goes around here sometimes.  Search for Beveridge Canyon on Google
James Sel

Ed on the map it is called McElvoy Canyon
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution