Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
pacerpilot

I got an e-mail from a couple of guys that flew into the Chicken Strip to camp at the Springs for the weekend (Dec 15/16). Their report is the strip is in good condition. There was a little rain in the last week or so but nothing that affected the strip.

Rick

Lysdexic

It's now much better, a crew worked on it over the Labor Day weekend and it was dragged several times. Much improved from that video.
Salt Peter

I shared that video over on the Back Country Pilot website. They were appreciative.
Lysdexic

Strip was dragged over Labor Day weekend and is in good shape now. NPS morning report lists it as open again.
Salt Peter

Can anyone who visits in a vehicle "drag" the strip? Just curious as I haven't flown in yet. All my trips have been via 4WD terra firma style.
pacerpilot

Great Video and thanks Lysdexic for posting it. It gives a very good feel as to the real condition of the washouts. I got an e-mail from a pilot that landed there today Tuesday 8-21-12 and he said it was "rough". He did a little work with some hand tools but it needs dragged again. If you’re going to be there on Labor Day I can get some other volunteers to help out and put the strip back in shape. If you’re interested send me a PM.

Rick

The RAF guy

Ed_B

The pictures do not look too bad;  The video, however, provides a whole lot more information.  It shows the nature of the damage much better than simple pictures.  Good job.    
Lysdexic

Took some pictures and a video.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pdrnec/sets/72157631163565312/

I'll drag it on Labor Day when I get back out.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!