Dropped off today FYI:

- 2 spray bottles to mist bleach
- 1 Clorox bleach foamer
- 3 solid air freshners
- 1 container biodegradable dish soap
- 4 kitchen scrubbing sponges
Sam D.

2/26/2018

Lizard Lee always needs AA, AAA and CR123 Lithium batteries. He welcomes donations as well.

There are only 4 remaining Koi fish that survived in the koi pond. Whoever brought the fish, please bring more.

DO NOT FORGET TO BRING LARGE HEAVY DUTY PLASTIC BAGS TO HAUL OUT YOUR AND COMMUNITY FIREPIT ASHES PLEASE

MAY I SUGGEST YOU DATE WITH A MARKER AT HOME EVERYTHING YOU BRING TO GET ROTATION GOING PLEASE

Lower Springs:

NO BLEACH FOR NOW  - got enough

Spray bottles to mist bleach  - reduces bleach consumption tenfold - leave them by the Crystal pool.
These will work:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/ZEP-32-oz-Professional-Sprayer-HDPRO36/100007602
http://www.homedepot.com/p/SprayMaster-32-oz-Spray-Bottle-FG32HD1-18/202622477

Clorox Bleach Foamers
- or other bleach based cleaners  - Single pooper has enough. The double pooper could use 2 more in each stall.

Solid Air Fresheners like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Glade-Solid-Freshener-Honeysuckle-Nectar/dp/B00E9OYDGU

Biodegradable dishwashing soap

Premium Toilet Paper.

Kitchen scrubbing sponges

Paper Towels + gloves + elbow grease are needed for cleaning the restrooms but PLEASE DO NOT DISPOSE USED PAPER TOWELS  into the restroom tanks. Collect into your trash bag and take them home. Do not leave unused paper towels in the restrooms - hide them in the storage, donate to camp host or take back home. People use paper towels to wipe hands and throw them into the tanks. Paper towels do not break easily and often clog pump truck hoses.

Palms Springs:

Broom or two:
1) Squeegee-broom type is most useful for sweeping the sand while draining the tubs; and
2) Regular kitchen type broom for sweeping the shower deck and outhouse.

Premium TP is the only supplies that would be needed in the near future at Palm Spring so only bring septic approved and no Charmin type TP.

noscitur

Heading down via South Pass tomorrow or Wednesday, happy to stop at Home Depot or Walmart or whatever to pick up things that might be needed.  Is the Valentine's Day list still current—should those things be brought?
Thunder58

Well the ranger told me that is the plan. And I personally removed hundreds of small palm trees along with 2 dozen others. We can only hope you are right
trigger

Hmmmmm, well I’m fairly confident the United States government is not going to allow one person to stand in their way of accomplishing a goal they may have. Especially when that person has no legal standing to reside there. If the property he currently occupies was privately held and grandfathered in then yes. Also the palm trees do not require a rangers care. I can assure you the rangers are not going out and fertilizing the palm trees. They get more than enough water from the runoff from the pools. As long as nobody takes a chainsaw to the trunks they will continue to provide me the cool shade I like.
Thunder58

The palm trees are considered an invasive species and they will allow them to die. There will not be the same "activities" allowed that happen now and there will be changes. I was on a clean up crew at Scotty"s Castle. We were pulling all of the little palm trees coming up and the big ones will be allowed to die as they are a non native species.  The ranger we worked with was very honest with the fact that the only reason that the springs is a hands off area is because it is Lee's "home" So yes there will be changes and no it won't be the same as we know it today.
trigger

The park service isn’t going to turn the springs into anything other than it is now if Lee leaves. Having campground hosts on a rotational basis will do the job just fine. I know there are people willing to do it. I wouldn’t get hung up on the thought that we have to have him there to have the springs. Camp hosts like Georg and Ria are exactly what the the springs (upper and lower) need!
Thunder58

Wow, I think SalineOldTimer needs to find a new hangout. I for one and grateful that Lee has basically given up life as the general public knows it to keep this place going and basically with his very presence keep the DVPS at bay. I was told by a park employee that the only reason the park hasn't jumped in and taken over this oasis is because that is his home. When he dies so does the freedom SVWS has. They will come in and convert it to a typical park services area. That means big changes and probably many more restrictions. People need to realize this and enjoy this last bastion of the past. Seriously!  
Sam D.

I sent you a PM
Sam D.

I guess SPA moderators took this crap down? It has little to do with Camp Needs. Are you sure you want to bring it back?
Sam D.

2/14/2018

Lizard Lee always needs AA and AAA batteries. He welcomes donations as well.

There are only 4 remaining Koi fish that survived in the koi pond. Whoever brought the fish, please bring more.

DO NOT FORGET TO BRING LARGE HEAVY DUTY PLASTIC BAGS TO HAUL OUT YOUR AND COMMUNITY FIREPIT ASHES PLEASE

MAY I SUGGEST YOU DATE WITH A MARKER AT HOME EVERYTHING YOU BRING TO GET ROTATION GOING PLEASE

Lower Springs:

NO BLEACH FOR NOW  - got enough

Spray bottles to mist bleach  - reduces bleach consumption tenfold - leave them by the Crystal pool.
These will work:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/ZEP-32-oz-Professional-Sprayer-HDPRO36/100007602
http://www.homedepot.com/p/SprayMaster-32-oz-Spray-Bottle-FG32HD1-18/202622477

Clorox Bleach Foamers
- or other bleach based cleaners  - Single pooper has enough. The double pooper could use 2 more in each stall.

Premium Toilet Paper.

Paper Towels + gloves + elbow grease are needed for cleaning the restrooms but PLEASE DO NOT DISPOSE USED PAPER TOWELS  into the restroom tanks. Collect into your trash bag and take them home. Do not leave unused paper towels in the restrooms - hide them in the storage, donate to camp host or take back home. People use paper towels to wipe hands and throw them into the tanks. Paper towels do not break easily and often clog pump truck hoses.

Palms Springs:

Broom or two:
1) Squeegee-broom type is most useful for sweeping the sand while draining the tubs; and
2) Regular kitchen type broom for sweeping the shower deck and outhouse.

TP is the only supplies that would be needed in the near future at Palm Spring so only bring septic approved and no Charmin type TP.

trigger

I miss them!!! Such good people. Couldn’t ask for better hosts.
PahrumpGeorge

BL.

I will respond on this thread rather than a P.M. as others may want to visit them also.

They are spending the entire winter, probably until mid-April at De Anza Springs Resort which is off of I-8 near Jacumba,CA.
1951 Carrizo Rd.
Jacumba, CA 91934

I don't know which camp site they are in.

Geo.
BLawyered

♡♡♡ That is wonderful! Where in San Diego? I would love to stop by to give them a thanks! They were always so nice!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.