Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 10      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next   »
Thunder58

That is the $64 question. Why?
Sam D.

I like Charmin too. It's charmin. But another hotspringer wrote here in this thread that Charmin is a no go for some reason at the Palm Springs.

http://forum.salinepreservation.org/post/show_single_post?pid=1301788004&postcount=60&forum=168231
Thunder58

Ok, Why is Charmin such a big no no??? It is a soft, 2 ply toilet paper. It isn't going into the environment at the Springs because they pump it out. Don't you think the request should just say good quality, 2 ply, septic safe toilet paper and drop the whole Charmin hating?
Sam D.

4/10/2018

Lizard Lee always needs CR123 Lithium, AA and AAA batteries. He welcomes donations as well.

There are only 4 remaining Koi fish that survived in the koi pond. Whoever brought the fish, please bring more.

DO NOT FORGET TO BRING LARGE HEAVY DUTY PLASTIC BAGS TO HAUL OUT YOUR AND COMMUNITY FIREPIT ASHES PLEASE

MAY I SUGGEST YOU DATE WITH A MARKER AT HOME EVERYTHING YOU BRING TO GET ROTATION GOING PLEASE

Lower Springs:

NO BLEACH FOR NOW  - got enough

Clorox Bleach Foamers - or other bleach based cleaners  - Single pooper has one. The double pooper does NOT HAVE any BLEACH BASED CLEANERS.

Premium Toilet Paper - the way to donate TP is to put it into the storage and get the old one from the storage to the stalls. Let's get rotation going please! There are four 48 packs of TP in the storage. Not enough to last through the summer.

Spray bottles to mist bleach  - reduces bleach consumption tenfold - leave them by the Crystal pool.
These will work:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/ZEP-32-oz-Professional-Sprayer-HDPRO36/100007602
http://www.homedepot.com/p/SprayMaster-32-oz-Spray-Bottle-FG32HD1-18/202622477

Solid Air Fresheners with odor neutralizer like this :
https://www.renuzit.com/products/cones

Biodegradable dishwashing soap

Kitchen scrubbing sponges

Paper Towels + gloves + elbow grease are needed for cleaning the restrooms but PLEASE DO NOT DISPOSE USED PAPER TOWELS  into the restroom tanks. Collect into your trash bag and take them home. Do not leave unused paper towels in the restrooms - hide them in the storage, donate to camp host or take back home. People use paper towels to wipe hands and throw them into the tanks. Paper towels do not break easily and often clog pump truck hoses.

Palms Springs:

Broom:
 Squeegee-broom type is most useful for sweeping the sand while draining the tubs.

Hand sanitizer.

Premium TP is the only supplies that would be needed in the near future at Palm Spring so only bring septic approved and no Charmin type TP.  4/6/18 - Charmin is preferred tp as requested by 2 visitors.

Biodegradable dishwashing soap

Kitchen scrubbing sponges + 1 comet.

Solid Air Fresheners with odor neutralizer like this :
https://www.renuzit.com/products/cones
Thunder58

Bwahahahahaha! Love that! Eaten by burrows. I must remember that. However the first few times we went there was a brick (8 bars) of Irish Spring that lasted quite a while so they must not like the taste.
John914

Because they were eaten by burros. Liquid soap is probably best for the showers.
Thunder58

Was there this weekend and the single seater was low on TP. Wish I would have brought some. Did donate soaps and shampoo. Must say though the bar soaps all 3 disappeared in one day. 
Tres Rios

A lot of times the goods @ Grocery Outlet have a use-by date that's really close, but not this lawn fertilizer, it has a use-by Feb 2019 date on the bags.

I've got 6 bags worth, might as well bring them all, eh?
Sam D.

I brought 4 18 lbs bags early this year. I think if you bring 3 that should be enough for now as the Dr. Earth fertilizer has a shelf live and I am certain at this price the fertilizer is a close out.
Many thanks!
Tres Rios

Is Dr. Earth lawn fertilizer still needed for the lower springs?

Grocery Outlet has 18 pound bags for $7.99, that normally retail for $30+

I can bring 6x bags this weekend~
Sam D.

Thx, Trailrider.
Batteries go to Lizard Lee. Brooms were requested by the Palm Springs. One goes to the outhouse. The second one goes to the shower deck.

Many thx!
Trailrider

Great, thanks for the info.  Just so you can keep the list updated, here's what we'll be bringing:

(3) Glade solid air fresheners
(40) AAA Duracell batteries
(3) 16oz. bottles of Myers biodegradable dish soap
(6) Amazon basics CR123 batteries
(2) Kitchen style brooms with pans (Costco 2 pack)
Scrubbing sponges (however many come in the pack at Costco)
3-4 Sealed rolls of paper towels
1-2 sprayers

As far as I know the list is still current. Restroom supplies should be delivered to the outhouses. Dishwashing supplies should be dropped off at the dishwashing stations. Just ask around and people will gladly point out. Thx!
Trailrider

Hi all,

I will be making the trek out to Saline this coming Sunday or Monday with a few other people to enjoy this splendidly sporadic spring weather, and was wondering if there were any additional needs that have been added or deleted from the previous post by Sam 11 days ago.  This being our second time out there, the first without knowing much about the place, we would like to contribute.  Also, where should we deliver anything that we bring?

Thank you!

Any interest in CR2032 batteries? 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.