Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 3      Prev   1   2   3   Next
BLawyered

We will bring in 2 bleach foamers and 2 liquid nails this weekend. Thanks for the updates! ♡♡♡
Sam D.

I will be bringing 4 more tubes so we need 2 more please
Farmer_Fred

As always need firewood for the community circle.   None there upon arriving for Pres Day.  Brought lots in.........created music that night at the circle   [smile]
jkeaster3

Coming in with the two tubes today. 1 March. Leaving Bishop now.
jkeaster3

Hey we're planning on leaving Bishop tomorrow afternoon (27 Feb) which if all goes well that should put us getting there tomorrow evening.

Still need the tubes? We can bring two down if still needed.

Salt Peter

Upper springs has sanitizer but will need more. It has enough bleach. Some of it is probably outdated. The crapper is gonna need to be pumped before pres. day.
Terawanderer

Upper springs need hand sanitizer....
Sam D.

People here will tell you that they had been drinking water from the source for years. You just need to know where to get it with the least of lead in valves. But the sources are open and exposed, so you will be drinking everything the wind blows - dust, pollen, ashes, crap etc etc etc.
I always bring enough beer to quench my thirst. I also bring a Katadyn filter and Steripen just in case I need more water than I brought. I suppose you can also boil the water.

Saline Valley HS water analysis:
http://www.majorproduction.net/saline.html

Katadyn filter: REI

Steripen:  REI
Salt Peter

No hatchet to bury. Lee is a necessity and isn't all bad. I just don't understand making that large of a fire in the afternoon. I usually leave any wood I don't burn. When I leave wood I try to check with other campers first to see if they need any. If not I leave it by the fire ring I'm using. Like I said the last time I was there Lee had wood stacked by his dwelling and wasn't in dire need of anymore. New users who post on his behalf calling for donations of wood seems a bit strange to me. Remember the time there was a huge afternoon bonfire for no reason? Think that occurred within the past two years. Then there are Lee's pet burros getting fed. 

I'm not sure about most others but after a good soak I'm already warm.
Beverages are always offered and enjoyed, cheers!

So back on topic, I've got hand sanitizer and foamers for the Palm Spring Crapper. I usually bring bleach and TP too but it looks like it is stocked. Will check back when it is closer to my trip.
Sam D.

Based on your previous posts you are not a Lizard Lee fan. We get it. I like the guy. If he wants to be warm getting out the pool it's ok with me if he burns some firewood. I'll bring more.
How much have you brought lately, Peter?
When I was younger and able I actually helped LL gather some logs on the county land for the community firepit numerous times. I can assure you that he cares about the springs way more than he shows. Of course you are entitled of your opinion and I have mine. So, let's bury the hatchet and have some 12 or 18oz.
Salt Peter

Really?
Last time I looked Lee had a sh*t ton of wood for his personal use. Why not leave the wood for the community that people donate to be used by people who may not have enough and for a meaninful fire. Must be another Lee fanboy.
psycosoaker

firewood is meant to be burned.  so what if lizard lee wants a campfire while he soaks.  stop your whining!
DVExile

Yeah, no one bother bringing wood for the fire pit please. Lee just burns the wood as fast as he can. This past week all four nights both he and I were there I saw him set a 10 to 12 log fire every afternoon when he sits in the wizard pool. He then leaves it unattended for the rest of the afternoon and evening. He burned about 50 stout logs in four days by my count. There were never more than two people at lower springs the whole time.

So those of you going to great effort to haul wood save your time and money. It won't last but a week or two at the rate Lee torches it.
speakeasy

Donations to the camp host are greatly appreciated. He's not making it rich recycling cans and fixing tires.
Schnookie

Hi, just got back from my second trip to the hot springs.  Like last time, I was staying in the middle springs area, so my info is on the single pooper there.

I brought a few bleach foamers, some bleach, some toilet paper and some disposable nitrile gloves for cleaning.  I was going to take them to the camp host, but we had to leave earlier than expected when the winds started getting stronger Saturday afternoon (11/26/2016).  I just put them in the restroom.

Here are some pics taken around 3:40 pm Saturday showing what was there at that time.  It had been busy there because of Thanksgiving, but there were far less people at this time because of the weekend ending and the storm coming in.  But I know the camp went through a lot of toilet paper.

Not pictured: a large hand sanitizer.  I am not sure if there were more in the bathroom...I only saw the big one.

[gXpsKoZ] 

[mIsRmIY] 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!