Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 11      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next   »
BobCat

I am a long time reader of this forum. I'd like to weigh in.  Here's what we need to do:

When you bring firewood - take photos and post them here.
When you see the camp host burning wood take pictures and post 'em here.
If you need firewood disassemble his fence and burn it. He often relocates donated firewood to his own pile.
If you see the camp host dumping burro crap into community fire pit, take pics and post them here.
If you see the camp host letting burros onto the lawn, take some pics and post them here.
Let's document his anti-social behavior and kick this guy prematurely.
I am sure he helped many people but in recent years his behavior became antagonistic to visitors. If Lee is burnt out he needs to go now. There is no point to wait until he retires.
Thunder58

I know it seems frustrating that he burns the wood but this is a guy that has basically lived out there for years. Taken care of both the springs and travelers who get stuck in the desert. He has his quirks but it takes a special kind of person to live like that. If it really bothers you that this man burns wood while he soaks in the afternoon then just don't bring any. As far as I am concerned he can burn what he likes. I am afraid when he leaves the Springs will change dramatically and burnt wood will be the least of out woes.
James Sel

I predict a change as to how long the wood pile lasts when the Lizard leaves in a couple of years.
DVExile

Second what JayOtheMountains said.  Fire left in the community wood pile is rapidly burned by Lee.  I made the mistake once of dropping my wood in the then empty community wood pile as I was going to make a fire there later that evening and cook my hot dogs over it.  Lee burned it all during his afternoon soak.  The following year there was a good stack in the community wood pile.  Over half of it burned in just a few days with no one around as Lee had his soak.  Massive bonfire each afternoon and then left unattended to burn down to coals.

Don't waste your time doing a massive stock of the community wood pile.  Keep wood in camp and bring it to the community pit as needed.
JayOtheMountains

Fred,

I would shy away from asking folks to bring too much. If anything community firewood should be brought down the evening(s) you intend to use it. For, the camp host doesn't like to see a large pile of wood and tends to.... dispose of it when there is not ( and when there are ) people around.

~ just say'n
Farmer_Fred

Please bring firewood exclusively for the lower springs community fire pit  not   just leftover wood from your private camp. Thanks  
Sam D.

Thunder58, I sent you a PM
Thunder58

Coming to the Springs in Sept. Will bring supplies. Where is the storage exactly? I think I learn something new every time I go there. lol We have just been dropping TP in the bathrooms that need it. I will be happy to rotate. Just let me know where it is.

Thank you

Sam D.

08/06/2018:

Lizard Lee always needs CR123 Lithium, AA and AAA batteries. He welcomes donations as well.

DO NOT FORGET TO BRING LARGE HEAVY DUTY PLASTIC BAGS TO HAUL OUT YOUR AND COMMUNITY FIREPIT ASHES PLEASE

MAY I SUGGEST YOU DATE WITH A MARKER AT HOME EVERYTHING YOU BRING TO GET ROTATION GOING PLEASE

Lower Springs:

BLEACH - most likely not all bottles survived the summer - bleach goes bad in the heat.

There is no need for Hand Sanitizers or Bleach Foamers - I sent with a visitor a case of Bleach Foamers and 4 large bottles of sanitizer.

Premium Toilet Paper - the way to donate TP is to put it into the storage and get the old one from the storage to the stalls. Let's get rotation going please!

Spray bottles to mist bleach  - reduces bleach consumption tenfold - leave them by the Crystal pool.
These will work:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/ZEP-32-oz-Professional-Sprayer-HDPRO36/100007602
http://www.homedepot.com/p/SprayMaster-32-oz-Spray-Bottle-FG32HD1-18/202622477

Solid Air Fresheners with odor neutralizer like this :
https://www.renuzit.com/products/cones

Biodegradable only dishwashing soap

Kitchen scrubbing sponges

Paper Towels + gloves + elbow grease are needed for cleaning the restrooms but PLEASE DO NOT DISPOSE USED PAPER TOWELS  into the restroom tanks. Collect into your trash bag and take them home. Do not leave unused paper towels in the restrooms - hide them in the storage, donate to camp host or take back home. People use paper towels to wipe hands and throw them into the tanks. Paper towels do not break easily and often clog pump truck hoses.

Palms Springs:

Premium
  TP - bring septic approved and no Charmin type TP.  4/6/18 - Charmin is a preferred TP as requested by 2 visitors.

BLEACH - most likely not all bottles survived the summer - bleach goes bad in the heat.

There is no need for Hand Sanitizers or Bleach Foamers - I sent with a visitor a case of Bleach Foamers and 4 large bottles of sanitizer. If Palm Springs do not have any please get 1 from the Lower Springs.

Broom:
 Squeegee-broom type is most useful for sweeping the sand while draining the tubs.

Kitchen scrubbing sponges + 1 comet.

ford

how bout a update?
Sam D.

06/04/2018

Lizard Lee always needs CR123 Lithium, AA and AAA batteries. He welcomes donations as well.

DO NOT FORGET TO BRING LARGE HEAVY DUTY PLASTIC BAGS TO HAUL OUT YOUR AND COMMUNITY FIREPIT ASHES PLEASE

MAY I SUGGEST YOU DATE WITH A MARKER AT HOME EVERYTHING YOU BRING TO GET ROTATION GOING PLEASE

Lower Springs:

BLEACH- not enough to last through the summer. Please date the bottles.

Premium Toilet Paper - the way to donate TP is to put it into the storage and get the old one from the storage to the stalls. Let's get rotation going please! There are six 48 packs of TP in the storage. Not enough to last through the summer.

Spray bottles to mist bleach  - reduces bleach consumption tenfold - leave them by the Crystal pool.
These will work:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/ZEP-32-oz-Professional-Sprayer-HDPRO36/100007602
http://www.homedepot.com/p/SprayMaster-32-oz-Spray-Bottle-FG32HD1-18/202622477

Kitchen scrubbing sponges

Paper Towels + gloves + elbow grease are needed for cleaning the restrooms but PLEASE DO NOT DISPOSE USED PAPER TOWELS  into the restroom tanks. Collect into your trash bag and take them home. Do not leave unused paper towels in the restrooms - hide them in the storage, donate to camp host or take back home. People use paper towels to wipe hands and throw them into the tanks. Paper towels do not break easily and often clog pump truck hoses.

Palms Springs:

Premium
  TP - bring septic approved and no Charmin type TP.  4/6/18 - Charmin is preferred TP as requested by 2 visitors.

Bleach

Broom:
 Squeegee-broom type is most useful for sweeping the sand while draining the tubs.

Hand sanitizer.

Kitchen scrubbing sponges + 1 comet.

Thunder58

Did you see the big white one? And there are about 6 or 7 little ones too. SO they bring the total to about 11 or more. Wish I could have been there Saturday.
Sam D.

Thank you for letting me know. I saw 6 on Sat but I was not looking everywhere.
Thunder58

Sam D. we are up to about 15 koi now. 

Thunder58
Thunder58

Went this weekend. Lower Springs is well stocked. So we dropped off TP, Hand Sanitizer and bleach at Palm Springs. Great group there. Had a good time.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution