Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 10      1   2   3   4   Next   »
Sam D.

06/04/2018

Lizard Lee always needs CR123 Lithium, AA and AAA batteries. He welcomes donations as well.

DO NOT FORGET TO BRING LARGE HEAVY DUTY PLASTIC BAGS TO HAUL OUT YOUR AND COMMUNITY FIREPIT ASHES PLEASE

MAY I SUGGEST YOU DATE WITH A MARKER AT HOME EVERYTHING YOU BRING TO GET ROTATION GOING PLEASE

Lower Springs:

BLEACH- not enough to last through the summer. Please date the bottles.

Premium Toilet Paper - the way to donate TP is to put it into the storage and get the old one from the storage to the stalls. Let's get rotation going please! There are six 48 packs of TP in the storage. Not enough to last through the summer.

Spray bottles to mist bleach  - reduces bleach consumption tenfold - leave them by the Crystal pool.
These will work:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/ZEP-32-oz-Professional-Sprayer-HDPRO36/100007602
http://www.homedepot.com/p/SprayMaster-32-oz-Spray-Bottle-FG32HD1-18/202622477

Solid Air Fresheners with odor neutralizer like this :
https://www.renuzit.com/products/cones

Biodegradable only dishwashing soap

Kitchen scrubbing sponges

Paper Towels + gloves + elbow grease are needed for cleaning the restrooms but PLEASE DO NOT DISPOSE USED PAPER TOWELS  into the restroom tanks. Collect into your trash bag and take them home. Do not leave unused paper towels in the restrooms - hide them in the storage, donate to camp host or take back home. People use paper towels to wipe hands and throw them into the tanks. Paper towels do not break easily and often clog pump truck hoses.

Palms Springs:

Premium
  TP - bring septic approved and no Charmin type TP.  4/6/18 - Charmin is preferred TP as requested by 2 visitors.

Bleach

Broom:
 Squeegee-broom type is most useful for sweeping the sand while draining the tubs.

Hand sanitizer.

Biodegradable only dishwashing soap

Kitchen scrubbing sponges + 1 comet.

Solid Air Fresheners with odor neutralizer like this :
https://www.renuzit.com/products/cones
Thunder58

Did you see the big white one? And there are about 6 or 7 little ones too. SO they bring the total to about 11 or more. Wish I could have been there Saturday.
Sam D.

Thank you for letting me know. I saw 6 on Sat but I was not looking everywhere.
Thunder58

Sam D. we are up to about 15 koi now. 

Thunder58
Thunder58

Went this weekend. Lower Springs is well stocked. So we dropped off TP, Hand Sanitizer and bleach at Palm Springs. Great group there. Had a good time.
Sam D.

Add bleach to your things to bring. There is not enouhh to last summer.
minierf

I always make sure I'm full of it ($hit that is), before I come down.... about a week of constipation will generally do it. Then I will hit the vault even before the obligatory shower and first soak.

knockknock

I think ya all full a SH .,T
Sam D.

Great. I was worried sick. I think the vaults are filling up so quickly not because of the multi-ply TP. I think a lot of visitors including myself are just full of $hit 😏
Thunder58

Sam, I know there is no septic action. lol We have a septic system so I am all too aware of  the workings of the system. (yuk) Anyway, I have no problems playing by the rules. As I said I just like to understand them.

I will be bringing good TP. SO no worries!

Sam D.

LOL

Thunder, there is no septic action going on in the SVHS vaults. Please bring only premium TP with good breakthrough rating ;-)
Charmin is septic safe according to this site:
https://www.charmin.com/en-us/tips-and-articles/flushability

James Sel

Sam you must be wiping you ass wrong. Why all the breakage? Stop blaming the paper slow down and be more careful. Your fingers will thank you.
Thunder58

Thank you XBPC for the comprehensive answer! I totally get that and will bring only the septic safe kind. I always want to comply with the what is best for the Springs and also want to learn how to properly clean out the pools. Perhaps someone can show me next time I am there.
Sam D.

tp1.jpg 

tp2.jpg  tp4.png  tp3.png 

XPBC

As the poster of mentioned post the reference to Charmin type TP was meant to describe non septic approved. I like Charmin too but it's a capacity thing here. Premium TP has many more "threads per inch" if you will and takes up a lot of unnecessary space in a tank that has become over taxed provided the frequency of being pumped out that is afforded by DVNP. Just my two cents not the rules.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.