Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 11      1   2   3   4   Next   »
87Yota

Does Lizard Lee or anyone out there have any need for toothpaste? I have lots and would like to donate it to a good cause. 
Sam D.

Lizard Lee always needs CR123 Lithium, AA and AAA batteries. He welcomes  cash donations as well.

DO NOT FORGET TO BRING LARGE HEAVY DUTY PLASTIC BAGS TO HAUL OUT YOUR AND COMMUNITY FIREPIT ASHES PLEASE

MAY I SUGGEST YOU DATE WITH A MARKER AT HOME EVERYTHING YOU BRING TO GET ROTATION GOING PLEASE

Lower Springs:

Bleach

Premium Toilet Paper  - I emptied the storage and relocated all TP to the outhouses. The outhouses are overstocked now but the storage is empty. So, three 24-packs of Premium TP are needed to restock the storage but once again the outhouses are overstocked.

Solid Air Fresheners with odor neutralizer like this :
https://www.renuzit.com/products/cones

Biodegradable only dishwashing soap

Kitchen scrubbing sponges

Paper Towels + gloves + elbow grease are needed for cleaning the restrooms but PLEASE DO NOT DISPOSE USED PAPER TOWELS  into the restroom tanks. Collect into your trash bag and take them home. Do not leave unused paper towels in the restrooms - hide them in the storage, donate to camp host or take back home. People use paper towels to wipe hands and throw them into the tanks. Paper towels do not break easily and often clog pump truck hoses.

Palms Springs:

5 gal bucket for Wizard pool.

Premium
  TP - Good supplies now but not enough for T-Day.

BLEACH

Tile/Grout brush

Biodegradable only dishwashing soap

Kitchen scrubbing sponges + 1 comet.

Solid Air Fresheners with odor neutralizer like this :
https://www.renuzit.com/products/cones
Sam D.

If Palm Springs camp does not need the pole, may I ask you to donate it to the Lower Springs, please?
I find it pretty useful scrubbing Crystal.
Jukebox Mark

I will happily defer to any of the fine volunteers who actually have made the effort to plaster the tubs about the wisdom of using a wire brush.

As Justice Brandeis said: sunlight is the best disinfectant. I have never used a wire brush at the springs, and use the same general methods as xpbr does.

I will bring the pole regardless. I am tired of looking at it!

The reason I asked was that there was a broken pool brush by the edge of the Wizard pool 2 weeks ago. Both pools (especially Wizard) had very stubborn, bleach resistant black algae which I managed to rid off using the remnants of the brush + bleach. It took me 2.5 hours straining my back. I did not see any deterioration to the plaster. Otherwise I would've stopped immediately.

The pool pole is still needed at the Lower Springs.

XPBC

Sorry Sam D. but I have interrupted your request for a wire brush with Jukebox Mark over the phone. Hopefully the short wire brush is still there that is only used for cleaning the screens in the source. Wire brush is not the way to clean algae off plaster.  
I bet if you ask the crew that actually resurfaced the Wizard they all would decline the use wire brushes on it. A nice short bristle broom is perfect for sweeping out debris as the pool drains. No scrubbing required. If stubborn black algae is present straight bleach or better Chlorine sometimes helps.. The green stuff disappears with just a spray of bleach.
Sam D.

Thanks, Mark. If I may suggest to get the brush with metallic body as plastic snaps easily where the handle meets the body. Something like this should do:
https://www.amazon.com/U-S-Pool-Supply-Professional-Stainless/dp/B075X3FWQD/ref=asc_df_B075X3FWQD/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198100862572&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3621077841032085541&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031150&hvtargid=pla-375505000262&psc=1

I myself have the pole for Lower Springs but not sure if I can bring it. The size of my rig makes it infinitely difficult to bring long things. Is anyone in Ventura County coming to the springs in the next 2 weeks?
Jukebox Mark

I will bring a telescoping pool pole with wire brush to the Palm Springs in two weeks.

I am going next week.  Anybody been recently?  Any specific supplies needed?  John from London

Thunder58

James Sel Sorry we woke you. lol
Thunder58

I am so bummed! We were going to come out this weekend but we traded in our F150 ( and believe me that was a good thing) for an F350 and hubby doesn't want to take it into the Springs on it's maiden voyage! Ack! SO I will have to bring the supplies next time.   [frown]
DVExile

To be clear, despite Lee burning my wood I’m happy he’s there. But just know wood left in the community area gets burned quickly by him. So keep it in your camp and bring it down for each evening if you want it to last. Let’s leave it at that and keep the camp needs thread on topic.
James Sel

Yawn
Thunder58

It is his home. And he doesn't dump Burro poop in the community fire pit, he dumps it across the road in a big  pile and then burns it after it gets so big. I know cuz I helped him rake it up. 

Which one of you is going to give up you creature comforts to live as a hermit in the middle of no where? I really cannot believe this convo is even happening. The Springs will be destroyed as soon as he leaves and all you can think about is getting to that point faster because he is a little different???

I don't care how long you have been on this forum. To plot ways to kick an old man out of his home because he is becoming a little more eccentric? I hope you never be perceived as having a problem and get plotted against behind your back. 

If you have a problem you need to work with Lee first. Not sneak around here planning his eviction.
BobCat

I am a long time reader of this forum. I'd like to weigh in.  Here's what we need to do:

When you bring firewood - take photos and post them here.
When you see the camp host burning wood take pictures and post 'em here.
If you need firewood disassemble his fence and burn it. He often relocates donated firewood to his own pile.
If you see the camp host dumping burro crap into community fire pit, take pics and post them here.
If you see the camp host letting burros onto the lawn, take some pics and post them here.
Let's document his anti-social behavior and kick this guy prematurely.
I am sure he helped many people but in recent years his behavior became antagonistic to visitors. If Lee is burnt out he needs to go now. There is no point to wait until he retires.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution