Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 7 of 10     «   Prev   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   Next
panamint

Two of us are coming to the Springs 2-4 November 2017.
What can we bring in with us?
Sam D.

BigDaddyJEH, Lizard Lee always needs AA and AAA batteries. I am sure he welcomes donations as well.

DO NOT FORGET TO BRING LARGE HEAVY DUTY PLASTIC BAGS TO HAUL OUT YOUR AND COMMUNITY FIREPIT ASHES PLEASE

I might be going next week so will update. Meanwhile,

BLEACH !!!

PLEASE BRING AS MUCH AS YOU CAN.

MAY I SUGGEST YOU DATE WITH A MARKER AT HOME EVERYTHING YOU BRING TO GET ROTATION GOING PLEASE

Lower Springs:

Bleach. There are a couple of bottles now but more is needed. Please bring as much as you can.

The double pooper's storage could store two 24-48 packs of PREMIUM TP

Spray bottles to mist bleach  - reduces bleach consumption tenfold - leave them by the Crystal pool.
These will work:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/ZEP-32-oz-Professional-Sprayer-HDPRO36/100007602
http://www.homedepot.com/p/SprayMaster-32-oz-Spray-Bottle-FG32HD1-18/202622477

Clorox Bleach Foamers - or other bleach based cleaners  - continuous need.

Biodegradable dishwashing soap

Paper Towels + gloves + elbow grease are needed for cleaning the restrooms but PLEASE DO NOT DISPOSE USED PAPER TOWELS  into the restroom tanks. Collect into your trash bag and take them home. Do not leave unused paper towels in the restrooms - hide them in the storage, donate to camp host or take back home. People use paper towels to wipe hands and throw them into the tanks. Paper towels do not break easily and often clog pump truck hoses.

Palms Springs:

Bleach - ALL GONE! Please bring as much as possible.

Spray bottles to mist bleach  - reduces bleach consumption tenfold - leave them by the Crystal pool.
These will work:

Hand Sanitizer

Lysol

Paper Towels + gloves + elbow grease are needed for cleaning the restrooms but PLEASE DO NOT DISPOSE USED PAPER TOWELS  into the restroom tanks. Collect into your trash bag and take them home. Do not leave unused paper towels in the restrooms - hide them in the storage, donate to camp host or take back home. People use paper towels to wipe hands and throw them into the tanks. Paper towels do not break easily and often clog pump truck hoses.

Thunder58

Agreed. I have a pool and use the Chlorine tablets. When it gets over 100 if the bucket is exposed to the sun the tablets actually turn yellow and start to emit a gas. Liquid would be better.

Sam D.

There is a post on this forum I cannot find where I argued against. I think the post got deleted.

So remembering my points...this is just my opinion against:

Dry chlorine products should be kept dry. If the products become damp, solid chlorine products may produce chlorine gas when not stored in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area and not
contaminated by other materials, such as acids, bases, or easily oxidizable materials. They can become unstable and dangerous if mishandled, improperly stored or contaminated.
They can undergo a decomposition reaction, which could produce intense heat, fire or explosion.So, a proper safe storage must be created to avoid major issues.

Another point against is one needs to know how to properly mix dry chlorine with water to create a relatively safe concentration.
For somebody like me who runs a meth lab it's not a big deal. But most people would not know the proper ratio leading to creating a possibly lethal solution.

Then somebody will have a bright idea to add dry chlorine to liquid chlorine. Perhaps the person might want to mix dry chlorine in an old bleach container that has few drops left. 
Mixing liquid chlorine with dry chlorine – that has the potential to cause an explosion.

So, the aforementioned points and the need for dedicated  containers, beakers, funnels, mixing and measuring flasks and other lab supplies make dry chlorine idea too complicated.

BigDaddyJEH

I will be there the 7th and 8th of October, bring Bleach and TP.  What else?  What does Lee need or like as treats?  
Salt Peter

Of course it would be used. Bring those foamers too.
Sam D.

BOTH SPRINGS ARE COMPLETELY OUT OF BLEACH !!!

PLEASE BRING AS MUCH AS YOU CAN.
Thunder58

We were up there this past weekend and the upper springs still needs TP. Also the air fresheners are all pretty much spent. We brought up TP for the upper springs but they need more.
charles kissinger

yes
Sam D.

Thank you v m!
To Lower Springs ?
charles kissinger

we brought in about 8 white buckets  and  apx 30 pack of tp on 5/8
Thunder58

We are coming up next weekend and will bring TP and a few other things.
Sam D.

DO NOT FORGET TO BRING LARGE HEAVY DUTY PLASTIC BAGS TO HAUL OUT YOUR AND COMMUNITY FIREPIT ASHES PLEASE

MAY I SUGGEST YOU DATE WITH A MARKER AT HOME EVERYTHING YOU BRING TO GET ROTATION GOING PLEASE

Lower Springs:

Bleach.

The double pooper's storage could store four 24-48 packs of PREMIUM TP

These will work:

5 gallon buckets.

Palms Springs:

PREMIUM Toilet Paper  - all gone [frown] 

Hand Sanitizers

What else?
Route 66

Was at Palm Springs Wednesday through Sunday.  Very windy, again, late Thursday through Saturday morning; and yes, toilet paper is in dire need in the cr... er outhouse.
Hi Desert Warrior

I spent two days in Palm Springs last Sunday and Monday and was driven out by the very high winds with every one else that was there. The toilet storage had more than enough bleach, but no toilet paper. I had to go down to the lower springs to get a couple of rolls for the palm springs. Also, the lower springs was very low on paper. Every thing else at the palm springs were up to par.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.