Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 4      1   2   3   4   Next
Sam D.

Wrong thread.
And no, nobody knows. With the recent spike I am afraid until social distancing can be established in the pools, they will remain empty. I am getting depressed now.
JeepRenegade

Anybody know when the springs will be open to visitors again for a soak?
James Sel

No supplies needed or people at this time. thx
real.tacos

As of 3/26 when were were asked to leave by the Rangers...middle springs were in need of everything in the bathrooms.  TP and Hand Sanitizer were completely gone.  Bathrooms are currently "closed" according to the NPS

There wasn't much for communal dish soap or sponges at the sinks either, I left what I had with me when I drove out.

The left sink handle is completely broken off and will need to be replaced.   We put in a temporary handle that last about 24 hours before someone snapped it off.
dautremont

The pools are closed, not the Saline Valley campgrounds, and not due to the "plague", rather the Co-Vid 19 flu virus.  Use common sense, follow recent social distancing guidelines, probably best to "wait it out" for your next trip to Saline Valley.  Bring your own supplies if you go...
Sam D.

03/23/2020:

The hot springs are officially closed due to the plague.

All supplies are gone - need hand sanitizers, Lysol sprays, bleach, bleach cleaners, toilet paper etc. 

peneumbra

Bring some social fabric softener.
PattyOHagan

Headed in Thursday. I was able to get some CR123 Lithium batteries, biodegradable dish soap, gloves, sponges and some Clorox Foaming Cleaner if that is what Clorox foamers means.

Hopefully I'll find some Lysol or more TP on the drive out.
Sam D.

Lizard Lee always needs CR123 Lithium batteries. He also appreciates cash donations.

DO NOT FORGET TO BRING LARGE HEAVY DUTY PLASTIC BAGS TO HAUL OUT YOUR AND COMMUNITY FIREPIT ASHES PLEASE

PLEASE DATE WITH A MARKER AT HOME EVERYTHING YOU BRING TO GET ROTATION GOING!

Lower Springs:

Hand Sanitizers, Toilet Paper, Bleach Cleaners, Lysol Disinfectant Sprays - ALL GONE! Bleach is almost gone.

BLEACH - DO NOT bring "splashless" bleach to the springs for cleaning the tubs. It has the effect of being very foamy and difficult to rinse out after cleaning the pools. 
Regular bleach works best. Filling a spray bottle with regular bleach to spray on the tub surfaces when empty works very well. It is easier to rinse and neutralizes the quickest.

Quality spray bottles - no more 99 cent bottles - they last 1-2 times.

Solid Air Fresheners with odor neutralizer like this:
https://www.renuzit.com/products/cones

Biodegradable only dishwashing soap

Kitchen scrubbing sponges

Paper Towels + gloves + elbow grease are needed for cleaning the restrooms but PLEASE DO NOT DISPOSE USED PAPER TOWELS  into the restroom tanks. Collect into your trash bag and take them home. Do not leave unused paper towels in the restrooms - hide them in the storage, donate to camp host or take back home. People use paper towels to wipe hands and throw them into the tanks. Paper towels do not break easily and often clog pump truck hoses.

Palms Springs:

Hand Sanitizers, Toilet Paper, Bleach Cleaners, Lysol Disinfectant Sprays - ALL GONE! Bleach is almost gone.

BLEACH - DO NOT bring "splashless" bleach to the springs for cleaning the tubs. It has the effect of being very foamy and difficult to rinse out after cleaning the pools. 
Regular bleach works best. Filling a spray bottle with regular bleach to spray on the tub surfaces when empty works very well. It is easier to rinse and neutralizes the quickest.

Solid Air Fresheners with odor neutralizer like this :

Paper Towels + gloves + elbow grease are needed for cleaning the restrooms but PLEASE DO NOT DISPOSE USED PAPER TOWELS  into the restroom tanks. Collect into your trash bag and take them home. Do not leave unused paper towels in the restrooms - hide them in the storage, donate to camp host or take back home. People use paper towels to wipe hands and throw them into the tanks. Paper towels do not break easily and often clog pump truck hoses.

drumboy0

Leaving Bishop now, just picked up: 12-pack of plush TP, 3 scrubbing sponges, 3 pairs cleaning gloves, 30-pack of PBR, and some clear trash bags for recycling.
Sam D.

They do but the poles are still too long.
knockknock

If the brush unscrews from the handle,they'd be eassier to transport
Sam D.

Lizard Lee always needs CR123 Lithium batteries. He also appreciates cash donations.

DO NOT FORGET TO BRING LARGE HEAVY DUTY PLASTIC BAGS TO HAUL OUT YOUR AND COMMUNITY FIREPIT ASHES PLEASE

PLEASE DATE WITH A MARKER AT HOME EVERYTHING YOU BRING TO GET ROTATION GOING!

Lower Springs:

I sent 4 large bottles of hand sanitizer and 4 medium size bottles with aloe vera to Lower Springs. They should arrive around Feb 15.
If Palm Springs need some will somebody relocate one Large and one with Aloe Vera from the Lower springs please.

NO MORE COMET/AJAX CLEANERS FOR A WHILE - THERE IS PLENTY

Quality spray bottles - no more 99 cent bottles - they last 1-2 times.

Premium  TP

Solid Air Fresheners with odor neutralizer like this:

Kitchen scrubbing sponges

Palms Springs:

Bi-level brush and a long handle. Smart and Final has the right softness:
https://www.instacart.com/smart-final/products/1952795-laitner-deck-10-inch-bilevel-wash-brush-1-ct

I sent 4 large bottles of hand sanitizer and 4 medium size bottles with aloe vera to Lower Springs. They should arrive around Feb 15.
If Palm Springs need some... will somebody take one Large and one with Aloe Vera from the Lower springs please.

Premium  TP

1 Tile/Grout brush

Solid Air Fresheners with odor neutralizer like this :
Sam D.

Dave is in Lizard Lee's place. You will find his compound at the Lower Springs. You will see 3 solar panels. Sincerely appreciate all your donations.
Trailrunnr40

Two bottles of foamer, bottle of bleach, 4 rolls of toilet paper, 1 roll of paper towels, and a 30 pack of rolling rock. I haven’t been there since the new park takeover, so where is Dave located to drop off the beer?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution