Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 3      1   2   3   Next
lobo

Still need ice, not cooling down yet![biggrin]

lobo

ICE! Lots and Lots

Thunder58

We were up there this past weekend and the upper springs still needs TP. Also the air fresheners are all pretty much spent. We brought up TP for the upper springs but they need more.
charles kissinger

yes
Sam D.

Thank you v m!
To Lower Springs ?
charles kissinger

we brought in about 8 white buckets  and  apx 30 pack of tp on 5/8
Thunder58

We are coming up next weekend and will bring TP and a few other things.
Sam D.

DO NOT FORGET TO BRING LARGE HEAVY DUTY PLASTIC BAGS TO HAUL OUT YOUR AND COMMUNITY FIREPIT ASHES PLEASE

MAY I SUGGEST YOU DATE WITH A MARKER AT HOME EVERYTHING YOU BRING TO GET ROTATION GOING PLEASE

Lower Springs:

Bleach.

The double pooper's storage could store four 24-48 packs of PREMIUM TP

Spray bottles to mist bleach  - reduces bleach consumption tenfold - leave them by the Crystal pool.
These will work:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/ZEP-32-oz-Professional-Sprayer-HDPRO36/100007602
http://www.homedepot.com/p/SprayMaster-32-oz-Spray-Bottle-FG32HD1-18/202622477

5 gallon buckets.

Clorox Bleach Foamers - or other bleach based cleaners  - continuous need.

Biodegradable dishwashing soap

Paper Towels + gloves + elbow grease are needed for cleaning the restrooms but PLEASE DO NOT DISPOSE USED PAPER TOWELS  into the restroom tanks. Collect into your trash bag and take them home. Do not leave unused paper towels in the restrooms - hide them in the storage, donate to camp host or take back home. People use paper towels to wipe hands and throw them into the tanks. Paper towels do not break easily and often clog pump truck hoses.

Palms Springs:

PREMIUM Toilet Paper  - all gone [frown] 

Paper Towels + gloves + elbow grease are needed for cleaning the restrooms but PLEASE DO NOT DISPOSE USED PAPER TOWELS  into the restroom tanks. Collect into your trash bag and take them home. Do not leave unused paper towels in the restrooms - hide them in the storage, donate to camp host or take back home. People use paper towels to wipe hands and throw them into the tanks. Paper towels do not break easily and often clog pump truck hoses.

Hand Sanitizers

Biodegradable dishwashing soap

What else?
Route 66

Was at Palm Springs Wednesday through Sunday.  Very windy, again, late Thursday through Saturday morning; and yes, toilet paper is in dire need in the cr... er outhouse.
Hi Desert Warrior

I spent two days in Palm Springs last Sunday and Monday and was driven out by the very high winds with every one else that was there. The toilet storage had more than enough bleach, but no toilet paper. I had to go down to the lower springs to get a couple of rolls for the palm springs. Also, the lower springs was very low on paper. Every thing else at the palm springs were up to par.
vegiwitch

I will bring a few brooms, and make sure the bristles are strong... None of those whimpy bristles! Will bring some spray bottles as well. I believe my co-travelers will be bringing bleach foamers, and between our (small) group, we will have bleach with us as well. We will be there Friday, so if you think of anything else let us know.
This will be our 2nd time there, and we absolutely appreciate the awesome care that goes into the upkeep of this amazing little oasis in the desert!

Thank you!!
Sam D.

Good on sanitizers at the Lower Springs. I refilled all today. Each TP has a full costco size bottle + smaller ones.
Man's pooper could use 1-2 foamers. There are some there but their sprayers are broken.

The springs were down to the last spray bottle. More are needed for sure.

I think current bleach supply is not enough to last through summer.

The ladies's pooper could use a new broom. Synthetic bristles do work better but some brooms have really small bristles at the end of thick bristles. Those do not work well. At this point any broom will be better than what's in there.

Thank you for your donations. Please date them to ensure some sort of a rotation.

Thunder58

We are coming this weekend also. Would appreciate a quick update if available, otherwise will bring foamers and hand sanitizer.

I would think synthetic bristles would be better. [smile]

Maybe we will see you up there!
vegiwitch

Will be heading there this weekend... I can bring the broom if still needed. Would natural bristle or synthetic be better? Also, are spray bottles still needed?
Since last request post, is there an updated list of needed supplies?

Thanks!
SunMan

I brought some bleach foamers in this weekend, looks like others did as well, this can be taken off the list. Half-ish full bottles of sanitizer in each of the double holer, still needed. TP getting low but not dire. Left some wood, pile is looking better, no community fires this past weekend.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!