Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 4      1   2   3   4   Next
BigDaddyJEH

Thank you!  I will be going in two weeks again!  I will not have as much room, but I can bring more stuff and fix most things.  What else does Lee like?  I gave him batteries and money! 
Sam D.

daddy.jpg 
BigDaddyJEH

Heading to the springs tomorrow morning.  I already have loaded 20 gallons of bleach, 4 brushes, 6 spray bottles, TP, batteries for Lee, and it think that is it.  Anything else that is needed?  
Thunder58

There were only a couple gallons when we dropped ours off, don't think he made it there yet. Maybe this weekend?
Sam D.

Thx, Thunder58. Did you notice how much bleach was at the Palm Springs? A hotspringer who posts as The Drifter pledged 20 gals. I am wondering if he was able to make it. 
Thunder58

Was up there this weekend (Sept 28th to 31st) and brought 3 gallons of bleach, 30 rolls of TP and 2 large hand sanitizers to the upper springs. 
Sam D.

BigDaddyJEH, Lizard Lee always needs AA and AAA batteries. I am sure he welcomes donations as well.

DO NOT FORGET TO BRING LARGE HEAVY DUTY PLASTIC BAGS TO HAUL OUT YOUR AND COMMUNITY FIREPIT ASHES PLEASE

BLEACH !!!

PLEASE BRING AS MUCH AS YOU CAN.

MAY I SUGGEST YOU DATE WITH A MARKER AT HOME EVERYTHING YOU BRING TO GET ROTATION GOING PLEASE

Lower Springs:

Bleach. There are 5-6 bottles now but more is needed. Please bring as much as you can.

Spray bottles to mist bleach  - reduces bleach consumption tenfold - leave them by the Crystal pool.
These will work:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/ZEP-32-oz-Professional-Sprayer-HDPRO36/100007602
http://www.homedepot.com/p/SprayMaster-32-oz-Spray-Bottle-FG32HD1-18/202622477

Clorox Bleach Foamers - or other bleach based cleaners  - continuous need.

Biodegradable dishwashing soap

Paper Towels + gloves + elbow grease are needed for cleaning the restrooms but PLEASE DO NOT DISPOSE USED PAPER TOWELS  into the restroom tanks. Collect into your trash bag and take them home. Do not leave unused paper towels in the restrooms - hide them in the storage, donate to camp host or take back home. People use paper towels to wipe hands and throw them into the tanks. Paper towels do not break easily and often clog pump truck hoses.

Palms Springs:

Bleach - ALL GONE! Please bring as much as possible.

Spray bottles to mist bleach  - reduces bleach consumption tenfold - leave them by the Crystal pool.
These will work:

Hand Sanitizer

Lysol

Paper Towels + gloves + elbow grease are needed for cleaning the restrooms but PLEASE DO NOT DISPOSE USED PAPER TOWELS  into the restroom tanks. Collect into your trash bag and take them home. Do not leave unused paper towels in the restrooms - hide them in the storage, donate to camp host or take back home. People use paper towels to wipe hands and throw them into the tanks. Paper towels do not break easily and often clog pump truck hoses.
Sam D.

As of Sunday there was no bleach at the Palm Springs and 6 bottles at the Lower Springs. Your donation is greatly appreciated.
As far as other items, please check my post below.

BTW, nice rig. What is it? Please brag all the details ;-)
The Drifter

Ill be coming up Thursday afternoon with BAT2.  Plan to bring 20 gallons of bleach to the upper springs.   I hope this is enough for awhile.  If you need anything else, please post here. Ill check Wednesday, 09/27 and will pick up.

bat2.jpg 

BigDaddyJEH

Thanks Sam D.
My friend will be driving his 1 ton Van, so I am going to load it up with as much as I can!  [biggrin]
Sam D.

panamint, please check this thread closer to your visit. Meanwhile, please check my previous post to get some ideas.
Thx
panamint

Two of us are coming to the Springs 2-4 November 2017.
What can we bring in with us?
Sam D.

BigDaddyJEH, Lizard Lee always needs AA and AAA batteries. I am sure he welcomes donations as well.

DO NOT FORGET TO BRING LARGE HEAVY DUTY PLASTIC BAGS TO HAUL OUT YOUR AND COMMUNITY FIREPIT ASHES PLEASE

I might be going next week so will update. Meanwhile,

BLEACH !!!

PLEASE BRING AS MUCH AS YOU CAN.

MAY I SUGGEST YOU DATE WITH A MARKER AT HOME EVERYTHING YOU BRING TO GET ROTATION GOING PLEASE

Lower Springs:

Bleach. There are a couple of bottles now but more is needed. Please bring as much as you can.

The double pooper's storage could store two 24-48 packs of PREMIUM TP

These will work:

Palms Springs:

Bleach - ALL GONE! Please bring as much as possible.

These will work:

Hand Sanitizer

Lysol

Thunder58

Agreed. I have a pool and use the Chlorine tablets. When it gets over 100 if the bucket is exposed to the sun the tablets actually turn yellow and start to emit a gas. Liquid would be better.

Sam D.

There is a post on this forum I cannot find where I argued against. I think the post got deleted.

So remembering my points...this is just my opinion against:

Dry chlorine products should be kept dry. If the products become damp, solid chlorine products may produce chlorine gas when not stored in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area and not
contaminated by other materials, such as acids, bases, or easily oxidizable materials. They can become unstable and dangerous if mishandled, improperly stored or contaminated.
They can undergo a decomposition reaction, which could produce intense heat, fire or explosion.So, a proper safe storage must be created to avoid major issues.

Another point against is one needs to know how to properly mix dry chlorine with water to create a relatively safe concentration.
For somebody like me who runs a meth lab it's not a big deal. But most people would not know the proper ratio leading to creating a possibly lethal solution.

Then somebody will have a bright idea to add dry chlorine to liquid chlorine. Perhaps the person might want to mix dry chlorine in an old bleach container that has few drops left. 
Mixing liquid chlorine with dry chlorine – that has the potential to cause an explosion.

So, the aforementioned points and the need for dedicated  containers, beakers, funnels, mixing and measuring flasks and other lab supplies make dry chlorine idea too complicated.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!