Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 5      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next
James Sel

4.0 miles in from 190 then ≈120 yards to you left.
XPBC

[image]Boxcar Cabin
XPBC

Box Car Cabin is approx. 1/2 mile past the top of Lee Flat on your left.  At the top of Lee Flat there is a road that comes in from the far left.  If you miss that road it's just as you get into no so open space after the big water tank.  Starting to climb in a small canyon keep looking left.  It's on some topo maps.  I'll be there early and park out on the road as to not miss anyone.
Dennis
florida

Where is Boxcar Cabin ? Definitely going in South Pass.
XPBC

Trust me, Georg and Ria "and anyone else pulling a trailer like theirs" aren't going in the North Pass.  How about the Oct.28th party meet up at Boxcar Cabin around noon and go from there.  Gas in Olancia around 10:30 or so.  I might even go a day early and stay at the cabin the night of Oct. 27-? >Vito?  If Georg and Ria need to go in another day we'll adjust our meet up with theirs. 
Dennis
paul belanger

There is no breakfast in Olancha.  There is a sandwich shop is "aint too bad, though it aint great."  Problematic is the fact that from the north, Olancha is way out of the way.  And from the south, Lone Pine is way out of the way.  You might want to bring breakfast along and meet at 190 and Saline Valley Road.
AlaskaIsCold

Like Olancha or Lone Pine?
AlaskaIsCold

That would be a good idea. We could all meet up somewhere before we make the trek to the springs [biggrin]
florida

Someone who has been in by South Pass before could suggest a rendezvous location where folks could breakfast as we assembled. I'm talking about on October 28 (2013!).
AlaskaIsCold

So when is everyone going down there on the 28th?
I can try to meet up with everyone on my KLR650
XPBC

I'm in!  Winch, front and rear lockers and shovel.  Just say when.
williams0130

[thumb] I want to help !!!!
florida

I think several very capable vehicles are going in on the 28th. I'd love to help George and Ria get in!
Salt Peter

Lets set up the caravan!
PahrumpGeorge

I received an email from Georg and Ria about 4 weeks ago. They expect to arrive in Las Vegas this weekend and we should see them in Calif. on Sat They do not expect to be able to get their trailer into the springs this year and are pursuing a plan B. If enough people will caravan with them we may be able to convince them to attempt the springs; I would sure like to see them make it in and will try to help.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!