Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 5      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next
Spider

Yes, got an e-mail yesterday - they are shooting for December 27th.
PahrumpGeorge

It is going to have one soon after Xmas; they are now able to get in.
Food4more

Does the Palm Spring have a camp host this year?
BigDave

That's great they are excellent people and hard workers. Please post the move in date, maybe some of us can help also.  Anette, as a side note Juston is in Afghanistan with the Army. He is doing OK but of course I worry.   Dave 
Spider

I spoke to George and Ria yesterday and they will try to get to the springs as soon as the graders make it all the way down to Willow Creek. So whenever that date comes, we will try to get time off from work to help getting them through the bypass at Willow Creek.

Anette
trigger

Awesome! Thanks Dennis. Gonna definitely check em out some more.
XPBC

>Trigger,
These Timbrens on my 05 Rubicon are as cool as the F-18 low hot pass over me while showering yesterday at Palm Spring.  I mean really a big difference!  I got the rear ones first and did some field testing here in the neighborhood and liked them so much I got the front ones the next day.  Exactly what I should of had for years.  A few years ago I hit one of those washouts by the Salt Flat at speed and bent a rear axle.  I never noticed any spring back, I think cause the Bilstiens are doing their job right.    I am gearing up my '98 Dodge Ram 1500 with 8'6" Lance camper for Saline Valley Road.  Already have SuperSpring overloads and Hellwig sway bar.  Timbrens are next.  On the Dodge I'll be using them to prevent sag when the camper is installed.  They come with spacers so you can run different setups.  If one setup doesn't seem right, you can adjust the shims closer or farther away to contact under load or not.  About a hundred bucks each for the Rubicon and more for the Dodge cause it needs a little hardware to mount.  Do a little reasearch to find exactly the ones you need and get 'em at Amazon cause you won't be returning these things!
Dennis
trigger

Thanks for the info. I've gotta Dodge as well and was looking at the Carli suspenions hydro bumps. They really are Awsome but $2000 for front and rear is alot. Saline is a great place for them too. Hoping these Timbrens do we'll for XPBC. Much cheaper alternative for the FJ Cruiser we've got
bob4x4

I have the hydro bumps front and rear on my Dodge,they have saved me a few times hitting the things you don't see.
trigger

Let me know how those Timbrens work please! We're thinking about putting them on Elizabeth's FJ. I heard they can spring your suspension back upward on hard hits and folks aren't liking that. Hydroneumatic bumpstops are great but damn, they are expensive!
XPBC

Na, nothing broke.  Just installed Timbren bump stops to help out on those high speed washouts.
Commando Paul

HornHead,

Did you break it?

Commando
XPBC

Just doing a little maintenance getting ready for Oct28 trip in.  The same crew that got around the bulldozer on the Donner Party trip will be happy to get Georg and Ria get their 21footer in on the 28th.  We will do anything to get to the Springs, the impossible just takes a little longer.  Hope this will change your mind Georg & Ria.  Should be quite a few in the caravan to help.
Dennis

Attached Images
jpeg IMG_0024.JPG (606.74 KB, 81 views)

Georg&Ria

Hello to all our Saline friends,

Thank you very much to all of you who would have helped us to bring our trailer into the valley this year. But is just not possible for us to go over the South pass with 21 ft plus truck. During Timbo's party we heard a lot more about the real road conditions. Matthias & Claudia have a much shorter vehicle, but still they got some damage in the rear.
Sorry, we have to wait until the road is fixed.

Our best wishes to all the brave Saliners who can make it this year. See you hopefully in 2014!

Georg and Ria
Salt Peter

Seeing Boxcar just makes me miss Death Valley that much more. I'm heading out next Friday for at least the weekend.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!