SilverBob

Once was enough.
Unregistered NextGen 2.0
Posted twice
Unregistered NextGen 2.0
To Sam D.:
F.U.

To James Sel:
I contribute selflessly and never expect anything in return. That’s why you do not know what I do. By the way, you misspelled “ways”. It’s not spelled “was”.

To Salt Peter:
It was 115F the day I visited, that’s why I could not clean the pools. I do plenty of work and worked on a couple of other things that day. Why don’t I assume the command,  you ask? It’s because the position was taken already by R&G who according to my sources are still not at the springs. I know a number of people applied last year, all got denied by NPS. I will gladly assume the position at the lower springs. Current camp host is burnt out and no longer perform all the duties.

Here’s what I’ve proposed before.

Proposed Camp Host duties.

By the way, all these can be adjusted and not set in stone. If there are any volunteers to take over some of the items on the list then the camp host can do something else during the volunteers stay.
-----------------------------------------------
6 times a day burro scat removal if the camp host insists on allowing burros in the campsite vicinities. Otherwise, the camp host should organize fencing off the area (ample water outlets must be built beforehand to ensure wild life survival)

Daily check up on all pools and showers – 1) conditions and 2) plumbing - perform necessary clean up and repairs. The camp host must be leading the way. For example, the Sunrise and Volcano pools hhaveave needed new plaster for years, yet nothing is organized.
People are willing to help but need a leader to (for the luck of better word) lead the way. Many pipes and valves are quite old and rusted staining pools’ walls and bottoms with thick brown rust. Nothing is done to replace and repair.

At least twice a day cleanup of the restrooms. Additional checkups should be performed throughout the day for hits and misses.

Daily walk around both campsites to pick up leftover trash and ashes.

Daily lawn maintenance.

Daily trees/bushes trimming. What happened to the tall ladder that was purchased and delivered few years ago? 

Some of the palm trees are very top heavy. Considering that palm trees do not have strong roots there is a strong chance for uprooting in windy weather.

Help visitors as needed with automotive repairs for the ignorant or giving out information on local areas of interest, attractions, hiking opportunities etc etc.

? your suggestion #1
? your suggestion #2

? your suggestion #N

--------------------------------
Currently, the camp host only cleans one pool he soaks in and waters the lawn allowing everything else to dilapidate.
By the way, is he showering before his soak? Few campers alerted me to the fact that nobody ever seen him shower before his soak.

If the camp host is too old then he needs to ask and delegate and alert. I propose having a small chalk board describing all the projects around the campsites.
What I am trying to say is that if the camp host does not feel like nor has the capacity to perform all the aforementioned duties then he must lead others. 
His silence and inactivity should not be tolerated any longer.
This is an attempt to open a dialog. If you try to make it personal or remove the post
I’ll have no choice but to create another forum where these issues can be discussed openly,
without insults and in a constructive manner.Salt Peter

James Sel

Missed you Debbie. Lets leave the T-bone soup behind us and switch to Campbell's Alphabet Soup.........need more of your help with my spelling.

From my point of view I declare my opinion to be : Un, when you learn to selflessly contribute without expecting a return, and stop this "what's in it for me" mission. You will begin to mature spiritually in was you never thought possible.
Sam D.

Hey Un/Debbie! Are your meds wearing off or stopped working? You need to ask your doctor to change the formula. I told you to stay out of this forum.

In any case, I attached a postcard to this post. It's for your eyes only. Others should not view it. It's for
Un / Debbie only. If you are reading this message, do not view the attachment. It's for Unregistered only, OK?

Attached Images
jpeg postcard.jpg (82.47 KB, 52 views)

Salt Peter

My suggestion is for you to just go to the corner for a time out...for the rest of your days.
Why are you still the antagonist? Remember this summer when you couldn't bother to clean a pool even though you were out there? I clean it when I go. I'll be bringing some supplies too soon. Are you that miserable of a person? If you hate the people who do volunteer to be camp hosts then why don't you assume command? Because you are UN-willing.
Unregistered NextGen 2.0
Proposed Camp Host duties.

By the way, all these can be adjusted and not set in stone.  If there are any volunteers to take over some of the items on the list then the camp host can do something else during the volunteers stay.
-----------------------------------------------

6 times a day burro scat removal if the camp host insists on allowing burros in the campsite vicinities.  Otherwise, the camp host should organize fencing off the area (ample water outlets must be built beforehand to ensure wild life survival)

Daily check up on all pools and showers – 1) conditions and 2) plumbing - perform necessary clean up and repairs. The camp host must be leading the way. For example, the Sunrise and Volcano pools have needed new plaster for years, yet nothing is organized.
People are willing to help but need a leader to (for the luck of better word) lead the way. Many pipes and valves are quite old and rusted staining pools’ walls and bottoms with thick brown rust.  Nothing is done to replace and repair.

At least twice a day cleanup of the restrooms.  Additional checkups should be performed throughout the day for hits and misses. 

Daily walk around both campsites to pick up leftover trash and ashes.

Daily lawn maintenance.

Daily trees/bushes trimming. What happened to the tall ladder that was purchased and delivered few years ago?
Some of the palm trees are very top heavy. Considering that palm trees do not have strong roots there is a strong chance for uprooting in windy weather.

Help visitors as needed with automotive repairs for the ignorant or giving out information on local areas of interest, attractions, hiking opportunities etc etc.

? your suggestion #1
? your suggestion #2

? your suggestion #n
--------------------------------

Currently, the camp host only cleans one pool he soaks in and waters the lawn allowing everything else to dilapidate. 
By the way, is he showering before his soak? Few campers alerted me to the fact that nobody ever seen him shower before his soak.

If the camp host is too old then he needs to ask and delegate and alert.  I propose having a small chalk board describing all the projects around the campsites.
What I am trying to say is that if the camp host does not feel like nor has the capacity to perform all the aforementioned duties then he must lead others.
His silence and inactivity should not be tolerated any longer.

This is an attempt to open a dialog.  If you try to make it personal or remove the post
I’ll have no choice but to create another forum where these issues can be discussed openly,
without insults and in a constructive manner.
Spider

Here x4, with pleasure.
Salt Peter

Here X3
Hi Desert Warrior

Here, here!
SilverBob

On the brightest side, maybe they'll annoy you so much that you'll stay away!  We can hope, can't we?
Unregistered NextGen 2.0
Well, thanks to these two hobos the Palm Springs camp has been host-less entire fall and winter. Lizard Lee rarely ventures out there. He just goes there to collect his cans loot but never to clean and maintain things. Had it been a US based camp host I am sure he/she would’ve found a way to get to the springs.
On a bright side, there wasn’t anyone to take the turkey bones this year.
Georg&Ria

Hi Saline Friends,

Bad news: We are again delayed to come to the springs. This time it's not mother nature's fault. Our truck broke down on our way to Lancaster.  Dodge needs a new engine. The whole procedure will take at least to January 8, until we can go on again.

Sorry, to miss you all and the fun on New Years.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

Georg & Ria

Georg&Ria

Hello Saline Friends,

Yes, we are on our way to Saline Valley Palm Springs! We'll be there by December 28. We are looking forward to be back again.

Georg & Ria
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!