Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 5      1   2   3   4   Next   »
Salt Peter

[wink]
williams0130

[thumb] Im telling u we need a like button !!!!!!
florida

The "confusion" came from a post you headed with "Bobby=Debbie=Un". And perhaps when you mocked me for carrying my bucket and cleaning the toilets.
If I wanted to complain, I would do a better job than Un ever did. But I find nothing to complain about at the Springs. I like George and Ria and think they do an amazing job. I approve of all their little maintainance projects. I don't know Lee. The road is great. Most of the people are just fine and many are becoming close friends. I've met one great Ranger and one annoying one and had very polite responses from Park admin when I contacted them for any reason.
I don't do long hikes anymore so I amuse myself wandering the camp area with my bucket. This is exercise. The deep knee bends to pick up moop is exercise for damaged knees. There are no rules for how to enjoy the Springs. We each have our own little pleasures.
No one complained about the bathroom being too clean. Daily cleaning of a communal toilet area doesn't seem over the top to me. OCD ? You're kidding.
I promise not to head any posts with "Salt Peter=Un".
Salt Peter

I never named Florida/Bobbie in a post. I associated the UN-person with Debbie. No clue as to where the confusion came from. I agree the UN is probably smiling while reading this and thinking up their next Un-name.
[wink]
SilverBob

WOW! The UN-person hasn't posted on this forum in months, yet he/she still has us sniping and bitching at one another.  I may have to nominate him/her for "Internet Troll of the Year" or something.

Salt Peter, I can say with certainty that Bobbie, username (florida), is NOT the Un-person.  Therefore, your accusations are misdirected.  Don't worry though, I'm sure she'll accept your apology.
Salt Peter

Does Bobby=Debbie=UN?

My beef is with those who spout off here about being a better camp host yet the individual I noticed did nothing to improve the area. Didn't clean the tubs. Made comments about how dirty they were during the summer yet didn't bother to clean it. Didn't do much but try to look like she was doing something. Sure it's hot there in the summer but if yer gonna gripe about something and not take it upon yourself to take ownership...well ok. Don't gripe then. Please explain to us what she does so well. I'm open to hear about it. If the individual I was fairly certain of being the UN is not said UN then I apologize.

Now lets get to the vernacular. You know exactly what I was referring to by calling the head the bathroom. May I use lavatory instead? What critters might find their way into the restroom during the day other than a snake? How many times have you seen animals in the building where the crapper is housed? There is a sign which states the vent works better with the door open and to please do so during the day.

Now about the trash. I've brought back various items worthy of being called trash while out on hikes. Parachutes, rockets, and candle lantern shrouds to name a few. I always take ash from the fire rings when I arrive because it is sometimes still too hot when I depart.

I didn't post about "Bobby" in jest and I have no knowledge of any missing footwear. If there is anything further you'd like to bring up I'm all ears. For the most part I am certain you and I see eye to eye on many things.
Hi Desert Warrior

Hey Salt peter what's your beef with Bobby?  She does her thing and she does it good.  First of all call it what it is, it's not a bathroom.  No one bathes in the toilet, or maybe you do.  Keeping the door close does a lot of good.  It keeps the dust, snakes, and other critters out.  Takes no brains to figure it out.  No one sees you walking around with a bucket picking up trash.  Besides Bobby is still looking for her shoe.  You may thought your posting of Bobby is funny, but I find it insulting while looking at the source.
vito

It seems all to common that unregistered people,those who won't publicly stand up for who they are, make bullshit comments about things at the springs. This crap is just that! You don't belong here so just stay home!!!!!
Vito
Georg&Ria

Hi Saliners,

We just learned that bleach deteriorates over the summer months. We have too much right now and cannot use it up.
Please don't bring bleach until fall, bring bathroom tissue instead.

Thank you

Georg & Ria
florida

I didn't see any sign of Un during my stay over the holidays. Most certainly Un did not help in any way at the Palm Springs. I will be happy to see George and Ria out there again to lend some consistency to the maintainance of that camp, a,though volunteers (other than Un) have done an outstanding job in their absence.
Salt Peter

Well Un/Debbie likes to look busy.
Why stay at Palm Spring? Get your ass down to the lower springs if you think you can improve it so greatly. All I saw you do over the past few days is walk around with a bucket here and there. I didn't see you thinning out the "over grown" palm trees. Why do you think palm trees survive hurricanes? Oh cause they have weak roots right? Does the bathroom vent work better with the door open or closed? You made sure it was closed all the time. That was in-between your OCD cleanings of the bathroom. Can you ever sit down and just enjoy the solitude of the springs? You think you can do a better job than Lee? Are you ready to drag the road or airstrip? Ready to help motorists in need? Doubtful.
bobhuckaby

I suggest to read the other topic about days gone by, to re-read the story board at the volcano pool, and to talk with AND LISTEN to the real people who care about this treasure and exert themselves as volunteers to preserve it for even un people to enjoy.  This is a place with volunteer history, and a future by volunteers.  Camp hosts can contribute mightily to the overall benefit, but balance that with the fact that uncle sam doesn't have his hand in our pockets every time we come in.  On every visit I hear another story about the assistance Lizard Lee has provided to a needful traveler, so I would appreciate a more balanced view.  btw, Dave was awesome this week in caring for the safety of new years revelers and trying to make sure everyone had a great time, thanks Dave.
Bob from Tahoe
dmac

Shouldn't Un's post be under Invasive species?
James Sel

LOL! Un
Sam D.

I'd just delete all.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!