Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 3      1   2   3   Next
gael

"As useless as Lee" ... until you bust a shock or snap a tie rod. Sheesh.
peneumbra

Things started going downhill when the wooden outhouses were replaced by those concrete monstrosities. 
James Sel

Solution, Bring you own crapper.
charles kissinger

I guess i have been going to a different saline since 75 most of the time i am amazed how clean it is , and if needs a little work when you get there you do it
Keflex

Will somebody please tell me what the camp host duties are?
Does a camp host have to clean pools, restrooms, fire pits?
What about the outhouses?

I know the springs are self maintained. Nevertheless, I never fail to find the springs
in quite gross conditions every time I visit. I do pitch in and help out when I stay.

I cannot help with the plumbing and I cannot help with the cement work. That requires the skills
and equipment outside my range.

I think the camp hosts and his substitutes are there to enjoy the place and make it
inhabitable for the rest of us.

I was not a fan of George and Ria but they were right that the current camp host abated his duties.

Salt Peter

I did hear there was someone there in the interim.
SalineOldTimer

I thought when Lee goes on vacations he leaves somebody to keep an eye on things. Was there anyone this time? I had seen a guitar lady and an older gent in the past. Are they as useless as Lee?
Salt Peter

I agree. This is the stuff we heard from "Tree" verbatim in the past. Feel free to pay your $100. Where was Lee on New Years? Not on site as far as I know. Now if there was a representative of SPA which would uphold rules and regs to some degree then maybe $100 annually would be in order. Even that is stretching it. Lee is there by choice. He's got a great deal going. Seems to have been working out well for him for how many years now? Did his summer mining efforts dry up?
SalineOldTimer

Didn't we have the same conversation a short while ago? Here we go again.
$100?!?!? Really? I price Lee's services at $5 per stay. He really abandoned his duties. I do not even feel he acts as a scarecrow anymore. I think SPA should establish a year around replacement(s).
Also, Lee has been burning community firewood.
SalineOldTimer

Didn't we have the same conversation a short while ago? Here we go again.
$100?!?!? Really? I price Lee's services at $5 per stay. He really abandoned his duties. I do not even feel he acts as a scarecrow anymore. I think SPA should establish a year around replacement(s).
Also, Lee has been burning community firewood.
tree

Seems camping at the springs  is a good deal.     When last I camped at a California State campground they extracted $35 A NIGHT  +  an $8 HANDLING FEE.  As I understand it the host doesn't get paid by the park and NEEDS donations to exist.  Maybe folks ,  if YOU think a host is an asset, you could consider the value of that by donating say $100 to him each time you visit.  He watches over the place all summer long, keeps the bad guys, who could run amuck, away.  Just think what could happen if no one were there to watch over our beloved piece of paradise ....   I invite you to consider all this in a positive light.
phodges

Quote:

I thought Lee was in the bible? 
Yea, thou I drive through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy tools and thy tire shop, they comfort me.

LOL

Lee once welded back together a broken a-arm on my Toyota...would have been a long drive back on the bumpstop.

And that reminds me to bring in an extra rim and tire or two for Lee's shop [wink]
speakeasy

I thought Lee was in the bible?
Yea, thou I drive through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy tools and thy tire shop, they comfort me.
Big Jeff

Well that is one of the oddest questions I have seen on the Forum.  Any how Lee is 89 or 93 or any age he wants to be, I don't think there is an age limit in Saline.
n8450s

Yep... its unpaid.  I am volunteering to host Texas Springs for 3 months starting in October.  NPS asks for 40 hours/week.  I'm looking forward to giving back to the park (even if it is just a little) for all this place has given me.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution