Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Sparkus Maximus

A double tip-o-the-hat to Big Jeff...THANK YOU...a true gentleman (but we won't tell anybody)

Remember to smile...it makes people wonder what you're up to...
2017-Krusty the Klown.JPG

^ Name of last dog: Jake
Big Jeff

Usually by now someone says " Welcome to the Forum Sparkus  Maximus "  so with that done here is the scoop on the Camp Host.

Desert Name: Lizard Lee

Years of Service: I think he came here when the Dead Sea was still sick

Talents: True desert rat mechanic ( saved many people an expensive tow to civilization )
             Desert gardener ( Thanks for the grass Lee ) ( Grass Lawn that is )
             Saline search and rescue ( Lee is the eyes and ears for the Park Service in Saline Valley )

Famous Statement: Leash your dog

Favorite beer: Free

Favorite desert friends: Burros, Coyotes and yes Lizards

Meditation time: 5 PM at the Crystal

Questionable Behaviors: Burning all the community firewood by himself
                                    Tablegate

All in all you have to take the good with the WTF was he thinking 

Jukebox Mark

My apologies to you sir. The DB I know, who also has a history with parachutes in SV, is in FL.

DB is in FL now. I'll let him know you're looking for him.

TopoDcat said "whats it all mean Mr Natural?"...

Answer...probably not much...things have only the meaning you give them...your results may vary...heh heh

Meanwhile, I wish it would stop raining...over 104" since July 1st...glub glub glub...

I'm not responsible for other peoples suspicions, paranoia, illusions, delusions, or conclusions...that's internal unto them selves only, right..?

BTW, the 3 helicopters & camera crews will be there next week...(JUST KIDDING)

I've been going to the Springs FOR SEVERAL DECADES off & on...we don't mention it at all to "the bozo's"...so lighten up folks...

While I'm sure Sam is a good guy (and we might have met if he was there 20 years ago), I'm totally blown away by an attitude based on nothing substantial...a case of imagination gone wild I guess...which really is a dis-service.

While I'm not obligated to elucidate my credentials, yes, I'm a broadcaster, Yes, I'm a photographer...what y'all might not know is I'm certainly NOT a city boy from L.A...I live a lifestyle way beyond the pavement that few others can do...I'm a tough old bird, sometimes direct & blunt if need be...but I'm also a mello guy that has seen a few folks on other forums go into "wild imagination" mode against others...based only on their own internal brain functions...what a waste of time & energy..

take care...

long20-Why-ya.jpg 

IMG_0073-AA-SMALL.JPG 

It's probably a good time to put this thread to rest...

So you know,  SamD is a revered member of the springs. He is generous, amusing, and probably does more than anyone to maintain camp needs and supplies.  He is a frequent visitor to this particular land of enchantment. When you mention cameras and broadcasting, it makes many of suspicious of crowds to follow ...
TopoDcat

..i've long been a fan of the answer from Mr. Natural...to the question: "whats it all mean Mr Natural?"
Salt Peter

Lee is the host. I've never seen a post that he claimed here on SPA. Just head on out and have a chat with him.
Sparkus Maximus

I have no idea what you're talking about speakeasy, and I refuse to wear the cloak of somebody else's misdeeds...

And, why do you care that I care who the camp host is...? are you so insecure a simple inquiry puts you in a dither..? Are you the camp gestapo..? Probably not, but don't let it keep you up at night...(I made a friendly inquiry, but I CAN go through official channels at NPS)

A tip-o-the-hat to DIG...

I was referring to the post about the guy who took nekkid pictures and posted online. I am not sure what DIG meant.
Also, we still do not know why you care who the camp host is.
Sparkus Maximus

Hummm, hard to tell if "speakeasy" is overly paranoid or just being factitious in a snarky way...

I've not been to the Springs in over 20 years, and it's always been my hope that it hasn't been taken over by whacko's who have nothing better to do than let their imaginations run wild in unhealthy ways, or to make wild accusations about somebody they don't know...

Are my expectations about the quality of humans here too high..? So far, Major Tom & Lobo have met my expectations of manners & politeness...on the other hand, speakeasy, at this point, is not somebody I'd want as a neighbor...my opinion may change in the future... meanwhile, speakeasy, go soak your head (I mean this in the nicest of way, of course)...

SHEESH..!

PS...don't play games & hide behind a keyboard...ya better be able to say whatever it is to my face person to person or don't say it at all...understand this & we'll get along just fine...Thank you

It's a National park. Seems to me a camera is mandatory. Hate the people who don't think anyone should share this place. Just because you cleaned the crapper doesn't mean you own the place.
speakeasy

Notice how evasive he is. Let's not tell him anything. Obviously he's trying to avoid a certain camp host. Has he been kicked out for some sort of a misconduct? Is he an overstayer? A while ago a portion of the natural springs' fence disappeared. Is he timing his visit to yank another one? I am not saying anything - just saying.

By the way, I am concerned that this guy brings his camera for his visits.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!