Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
bobhuckaby

and a few kegs (so the guns get lost?)
Sam D.

Gees! How did I end up in this mess? I was just suggesting that if the non-profit cannot domesticate and place some of the collected burros for adaption, perhaps the non-profit send them back home to their native habitat where their numbers have dwindled as the article suggested. How the hell this got transformed into the conversation about guns and nuts?
Relax people. All of you need a soak.
ford

Where did I say anything about the 2nd amendment or whether you should own a gun or not? I was talking about a nut with a gun going around shooting burro's or worse. You have no idea what my background is nor should it matter, I might be a Marine or a preacher, we are all God's children. I await the moderators response and I never said a thing about Sam, did I?

I will be at the springs for Thanksgiving, looking forward to a good time..

PahrumpGeorge

ford:

I believe you may be some where between uninformed and prejudiced. Are you suggesting that simply because someone owns a firearm, they are therefore a "NUT"? Or do you believe that all firearms should be locked away in a safe with trigger locks?

There are many of us which legally carry weapons, both concealed and open; these weapons are for the protection of our-self and others as necessary, not for illegal assault. This right is granted by the U. S. Constitution 2 nd amendment; may it never be repealed.

If you are in any way offended or feel threatened by any legal firearms, then maybe you would feel much safer in another location. I would suggest, Chicago or Baltimore; these are gun free zones so therefore, you should feel safe walking around town day or night.

Your right to voice your opinion on this matter has been defended by thousands upon thousands of poor, under paid "NUTS" with weapons ; many which did not survive their battle to protect your rights.

I strongly suggest that you re-think your criticism of Sam D, and retract your request of the Moderator.

Happy Soak'n.

Geo.
ford

Sparky of SoCal

I'm a nut with a gun so put a burro sticker on the driver side rear window so I know to leave you alone.

----------------------------------------------------
I find this message threatening and uncalled for, it is not funny in the least, I ask the moderators to review it and take the appropriate actions. 
Sparky of SoCal

I'm a nut with a gun so put a burro sticker on the driver side rear window so I know to leave you alone.
Sam D.

The article says that the burros are "critically endangered throughout it’s range in the Horn of Africa, Eritrea, Ethiopia and Somalia." Perhaps the TX non-profit NPS contracted to remove the burros can send the ones it could not domesticate and place for adoption back to their native habitat. Just throwing some ideas.
ford

https://www.environews.tv/090419-wild-burro-serial-killer-still-on-the-loose-42-donkeys-shot-dead-so-far-in-cas-mojave-desert/

Thought I would post this here with the recent discussion on Burro's in general, some people need a new hobby, I like exploring the backroads without worrying about nuts with guns.
PahrumpGeorge

Interesting, indeed. Seems to be another, potentially valid, argument for all things in moderation. Thus, a few burros would probably be ok in the springs area, if they did not associate people with food. If people did not feed, or make food easily available for the burros, they would not become aggressive and demanding. Their population does, however need to be significantly reduced, especially in the springs area.

Happy soaks.
Sam D.

Interesting read
https://undark.org/article/death-valley-burros-fate/
sierramtnman

Flipper, you mean the Burros and the coyotes and ravens can’t get their morning treats from you know who anymore? 🙄
genocache

Besides cardboard they also eat newspaper and other paper products, so don't leave these accessible in your camp.
Flipper

Super Moderators
The stickers will be distributed by the board members this soaking season at the springs. We are working out the details to mail them to folks who won't make it to the springs to obtain one.
SYNCRO

Where do we get our free bumper sticker?
James Sel

Thanks Bob
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution