Saline Preservation Association

The voice of Saline Valley

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Salt Peter

The truck is not in the park, it is in Inyo County and thus the county is responsible for the removal secondary to the owner who obviously isn't coming to get it.
hughman

ptk drive in Los Angeles and your convinced the human race is doomed. Camp in the valley and meet a human that restores your faith in humanity.
Rick

NPS should run the VIN and bill the owner for it's removal.
ptk

Think about it.
The people who thought it was ok to destroy someone else’s property might be camping next you on your next trip to the valley.
slash2

Photo from a couple of weeks ago. Shot up, windows smashed. Probably get torched next. Some peoples kids....[rolleyes]

abandoned truck.jpg

webboy52

Just curious if that seemingly "abandoned" truck is still there?  On Facebook, people posted that somebody had put a few bullets through it. 

When I passed it, it was on the B.L.M. side of the road, so I suppose N.P.S. doesn't care.  At any rate, the owner needs to take care of it, as it's not a good thing to leave a derelict truck alone and lonely, to clutter up beautiful Saline Valley.

I'll be visiting this early April for a couple of weeks, during spring break, and I wonder if I'll be greeted with this po' boy again...

Just curious if that seemingly "abandoned" truck is still there?  On Facebook, people posted that somebody had put a few bullets through it. 

When I passed it, it was on the B.L.M. side of the road, so I suppose N.P.S. doesn't care.  At any rate, the owner needs to take care of it, as it's not a good thing to leave a derelict truck alone and lonely, to clutter up beautiful Saline Valley.

I'll be visiting this early April for a couple of weeks, during spring break, and I wonder if I'll be greeted with this po' boy again...

Wow. People just can't leave things alone. None of this would have happened if it were removed soon after abandoned.
Smiffy1892

Looks like it will slowly leave the valley - didn’t hover too long but seems like it’s minus a bunch of AC components etc and also picked up some holes!!

Attached Images
jpeg 5762F3EB-527C-4888-9945-253AE139083D.jpeg (619.28 KB, 38 views)

hughman

Maybe it should be pulled to the side of the road to deteriorate leaving it for future generations to enjoy?
XPBC

Don't mess with it. It's a bait truck.
Sam D.

Looks like Inyo County might deal with it. I saw some sort of a legal notice attached to the truck.
Here's the Inyo Co. law:
http://www.qcode.us/codes/inyocounty/?view=desktop&topic=10-10_64-10_64_010

P3Tacco

I'm thinking that it is Inyo County's responsibility.  I can't believe that it's still there! I guess it's another Miller Tow project.
MonkeyProof

I passed it early Saturday morning (10/5/19) and it looked like just the left front wheel was missing. My assumption is that the wheel had been commandeered as a spare. 
bb

The truck is on blocks with at least two of the wheels stolen now. going to be harder to get the damn thing out now. How long until people start shooting it? 49 years till it's "historic"
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Please consider supporting SPA with your tax deductible contribution