Saline Valley Talk

Hosted by SPA, the Saline Preservation Association

Let's talk!

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Commando Paul

She's Sold boys n girls, to a good guy from Sonoma who does spend some time in DV.  I warned him he'd be mobbed if he shows up there!

Commando P
XPBC

Sure wish my youngest son could afford this.  Perfect for him but He's already tapped out with a car payment.
Commando Paul

Thanks fellas for all the encouragement, and let me say that if I take it to NH it will be no more of a daily driver there than it is here.  IN the barn except for trail runs and S&R missions, maybe 2K mi/yr.  Good for another 30 yrs.  I have a veritable fleet of worthy rides with better paint!

I can do a non-op on both registration and insurance, just need to come out and get it smogged every 2 yrs, total cost/yr maybe $300 if it is kept in CA.

To James and OJ, Word!  I don't really need to sell it, just being lazy about getting 3 rides across to the other coast and thinking maybe I ought to put it on a flatbed and haul it out there, get it registered and insured in NH. 

In NH, 1996 and newer vehicles ONLY are required to pass an OBD smog test as part of the annual safety/function inspection.  There is also an Antique exemption that may be useful.

So I guess the thing is to move it, hype the performance package and the state of maintenance, put it on the schedule C and park it here every other year and drive it back and forth from time to time to keep it current.

I'm phasing into retirement after cashing out of the PRC and relocating to the original land of liberty.  As Paul Revere may have said before the one if by land and two if by sea business, don't get me stahted... [smile]

Peace on Earth and Goodwill to all sentient beings, and rocks too.

CP
DVExile

Sad to have to sell something like that.  Sold my 1992 a bit over a year ago - but it was to build a new Saline rig so that was OK.  Definitely don't take it to NH - it would be a sin to daily drive something like that into a heap of rust.  Keep it out west if you decide not to sell!

As far as keeping it out west consider what you need to do for insurance - that's the real bugga-boo.  Adding something like that to an insurance policy costs next to nothing.  However, you'll be unlikely to be able to put in on a NH policy because it doesn't overnight at a NH address which means a whole separate liability policy just for CA which is pretty expensive regardless of how inexpensive the vehicle is.  I live in MD and store a camping vehicle in NV and the insurance cost is quite annoying...
James Sel

You should do like Pete. Nothing good comes out of selling an 85' toy. Unless you crave regret
oregonjohn

Say it ain't so, Commando. The 85 Toyota is a stout rig and this one will go just about anywhere. I basically have the same thing in my 85 4Runner and I love that beast off road.
Sooo, whatcha gonna do in NH?

OJ
Commando Paul

Thanks Fellows, I hear ya... [smile]  I'm moving to NH and 2 rides are enough for that.  On the other hand, I may park it ready2go at Vito's and be like Pete.  Fly to Sac and caravan out... [smile]

It's up in the air!
Salt Peter

Awesome Truck!
SilverBob

You're gonna miss that truck! Good luck with the sale!
Commando Paul

HPIM1744.JPG 

This amazing rig was specially built for accessing Saline/Eureka and environs.  Equally capable doing the rockfall out of Eureka at 1 MPH as she is doing the north or south passes at 40 in a nice carving drift through the turns... [smile]

Photo at the top of the pass by Marble Bath, coming in the back way during the President's Bulldozer event 2010.

Brochure here: http://paulsieving.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/1985%20Toyota%20SR5%20LB.pdf
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Chat Room

Appreciate the forum? Value SPA's efforts? Donations to the Saline Preservation Association are tax deductible!